A Do Over pt. 1 (Revin)

(Hello everyone! Today's oneshot carries a bit of angst and a few wholesome moments- so be warned.)

(Its a revin oneshot.. again. I just can't get enough of them, I'm sorry🤚)

(Now please enjoy. 👋)

-

Months had passed since the death of one of their Guildleaders.. his statue stood high and his spirit lurked.

Wherever a member went, they could always sense the littlest bit of him following.

The mage sniffled, sighing as he sat up in bed.

His hair was a mess, and under his eyes were visible bags from his lack of sleep.

Devin had trouble sleeping due to the dreams he always had.. It was like his mind was living in the past, and it was painful to replay his and Ritchies last moments together every time he tried to rest.

So he stopped, for a bit, until Ech of all of people had to scold him.

Mumbling a few incoherent words, he got up and out of bed, navigating his way around the dark room.

Despite the empty boxes of donuts, he never managed to trip and slowly got ready for the day.

Flurry, the Guildleader of La Carnival and him were supposed to meet up in Atlantide soon, where Oakley would be joining them.

It would be one of his first times getting to know the boy better so he wasn't willing to miss it for anything.

Just thinking about it, he found himself faintly smiling in the mirror.

-

"Devin!" The clown called out to him, waving him over.

Nodding his head at her as a greeting, he made his way over to her and let her give him a quick hug.

"How are you?.." She questioned.

It was obvious she was a little hesitant with speaking about Ritchies death, but she carried on anyway as best she could.

"I'm okay, just a bit tired is all.." he responded, a small fault in his words.

Flurry mumbled to herself for a moment and looked like she wanted to say something to him, but a rather small hand pulled at her pants.

Startled, she looked down to see her son. "Oh! Oakley it's you!" She blurted.

Happily scooping him up and into her arms, she looked to be at peace for a moment.

"He's so much smaller now.." Devin suddenly spoke up.

The boy turned his head at the sound of another's voice, and he stared wide eyed.

"He is isn't he?" She smiled. "Jakey managed to turn him back to his real age."

His eyes were purple, like Flurrys.. and his hair burned a beautiful blue just like his father's.

Blinking himself out of his trance, the mage kept quiet and hesitantly smiled.

Footsteps of others walking past them filled his ears and he stood in a frozen like state, the Guildleader snapping him out of it.

"Hey, why don't we take a walk around the city for a bit?" She asked him.

Being drowned by the negative aura that always seemed to follow him, Devin agreed, hoping it would make him feel better.

-

"YOU THERE!"

The three came to a sudden stop, the scratchy voice of an old man yelling at them.