Reflecting. (Revin Angst & Diabolus Brotherly Love.)

(Requested/ Idea from Anabelle-yaoifan )

(The roles are switched for the couple and instead Devin is the one who passes away, leaving Ritchie to experience some.. emotions.)

(I have been lacking on this book lately- but please be patient with me! 🙏)

-

Ritchie Diabolus hated anyone who wasn't Brandon that stepped foot in the room.

He disliked people touching the things that he cherished, and threatened anyone that did so with a glare.

"Brother." A soft-like voice spoke up.

There was a set of footsteps that made its way to the white sheeted bed, where the Devil Slayer quietly laid.

"Are you okay to leave yet..?" Brandon asked.

In response, Ritchie just blinked.

There was a ringing in his head, one that wouldn't let him sleep. It seemed so loud to him- that he thought it drowned out the world.

He curled into a tighter ball, holding the red cloak close.

As he inhaled, he could still make out the sweet scent of his loved one.. and that only drove his grief to be deeper.

He missed the Imaginative Mage, he missed his contagious smiles and his heartwarming chuckles.

He missed the advice that was always given to him in kind and honest words.

He just always knew all the right things to say.. and his presence always seemed so warm.

Ritchie was cooped up, hidden in his deceased lovers home where it felt comfortable and safe.

The one who watched Ritchie closely, Brandon, stood standing tall.

He wanted to help his brother the best he could, but it was difficult when the guildleader wouldn't even talk.

His heart feeling heavy, Brandon sat at the edge of the bed just listening to his brothers quiet breaths.

An hour could've gone by when the sulking twin finally noticed a prescence in the room, which was correct.

Slowly, Ritchie sat up and his brother looked over at him, spotting how tired his expression was, and how messy his hair had gotten.

Their eyes locked, and an overwhelming emotion shook through Ritchie, his brother noticing almost instantly.

He was going to fall apart, all over again.

"Brother-" Brandon quickly said, rushing to his aid.

Once beside him, Ritchie broke into full on sobs while his brother held him close.

They sat in silence, letting the rooms aura tell eachother the words they originally planned so hard to say.

As the Devil Slayer continued to weep, Brandon whispered quiet words of comfort to him and slowly laid the both of them down on the bed, continuing to comfort his older twin.

Ritchie cried for hours upon end until his tears had eventually dried up, and was instead replaced with a headache.

Labored breaths were all that escaped him as he fought through the pain.

"I'm exhausted." He managed, the headache growing intense.

"I'd ima-..I'd think so." Brandon replied, saving his brother from yet another heart pang. "You've been in here for weeks."

Ritchie didn't really want to say anything else, because he was tired, and still so sad.

And of course, there was a weight that lifted off his back when he cried- but he still felt suffocated with the swirl of emotions going back and forth at each other.

He sighed, making sure the red cloak was close to his chest at all times.

Ritchie wanted to believe that the one he loved like no one else, would walk in at any second and pull him out of this deep pit of hurt.

He wished for the Mages touch again, but somehow his brothers seemed to be enough.

"Have you slept at all?.." Brandon asked, pulling back.

"No." Ritchie blankly replied.

Despair had been on his face, like he had given up on everything good in life.

Brandon was quiet for a few minutes, thinking over the different things to say to him.. things that would be right.

"You two don't end here." He spoke up.

A little confused, Ritchie looked up at his younger brother. "What?"

"If you believe you two were fated.. then you'll see each other again."

Ritchie couldn't digest what he had said, not at first.

"When?.." he asked.

"When the time comes." His brother answered.

The blue eyed twin felt a shiver run down his back.. and then he felt the foggy thoughts all disappear.

"That's.." he sat up in a rush, and so did his brother, who was worried that something else was wrong.

"What is it? What's-"

A little startled at first, Brandons body stiffened when his brother trapped him in a tight hug.

Slowly- his heartbeat calmed then he returned the hug, hearing Ritchie sigh.

"Just close your eyes and try to sleep." Brandon mumbled.

Ritchie gave a nod in response, and his brother spoke up again.

"Try one more time.."

-

(This is short- but I hope it made you feel a type of way?)

(And things are on the way! Things will be on the way! I just need to push myself to feel better for now. 🧡)