An Uncertain Future pt. 2 (Lake)

(Have some doodles I did that were inspired by today's oneshot! ⬆️⬆️)

(Consider this an early valentines day special for the Lake ship 💙.)

-

As you know, the 14th of February is a day of love. Where partners get to spoil eachother with sweets and kind words.

Today though, the Dragon Slayer was a stuttering mess.

"I can't do it!" She yelled all of a sudden, her face on fire and her hands trembling.

Determined, Kit rushed over to her and grabbed her face. "YOU'RE NOT GONNA DIE." she said a little too loud.

Blinking, Blake stared, a small individual beside her quietly sipping on some chocolate milk.

"Well I know that.." she suddenly pouted, gently pushing her friend back.

"What if they aren't any good though?" She questioned, holding the bag of chocolates close.

The day before, Blake had spent all day preparing chocolates for her boyfriend, that she herself made.

With her 'sister' right beside her the whole time, she found the memory to be very nice.

"We've been over this 3 times already." Kit started. "They taste great!"

"Right Ech?"

Nodding, Ech pulled out a handful of chocolates from their own bag, showing off the delicious treats.

"Ech.. Where'd you get so much chocolate from?" Blake questioned.

Flinching a little, Ech glanced to the side. "Valentines day.."

"Oh. So everyones already giving you chocolate this early?" Kit asked.

"Yes." Ech replied, hiding their bag of goodies.

Not wanting to spoil the little ones fun, the two girls let the concerning amount of sweets slide and got back to the situation at hand.

"Anyways-" Kit shook her head. "They're great and he'll love them."

Being reasurred time and time again, Blake's nerves had calmed a bit and she took a breath.

"Let's find him then!" She spoke up, a genuine smile on her face.

Smiling right back, Kit agreed and pushed open the front door, a comforting light lighting up the house.

-

"He's nowhere to be found.." Blake had whispered, a little hurt.

Even Ech was feeling nervous with the fact that they couldn't find him.

But pushing forward, Kit called back. "I'm sure he's here somewhere!-"

"We've walked around the island three times already." Blake interrupted. "We checked his house, we checked the guildhall, We've checked the beach-"

Because of the severity of her rambling, she didn't take notice that Kit was walking over until she felt someone's hands on her shoulders

"Relax Blake.." the blonde softly spoke. "If he's not here then he went out, so let's go ask the others."

Nodding, the Dragon Slayer let her bestfriend take her by the hand and pull her along to the garden.

"David! You in here?!" She called out.

If anyone knew where the God Slayer was, it was most likely David.

"Dad!" Ech tried, getting no response back.