Chapter 23: If Only ...

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook! Jungkook-ah!" I hear Taehyung's voice calling out to me as my head rings.

When I open my eyes, I groan and look around the dark room. As my eyes focus, those gorgeous, chocolate eyes are staring at me with concern.

"Hey, Tae." I whisper and smile at him.

"What are you doing here?! What happened?" Taehyung desperately asks me as his eyes become teary.

"I missed you." I mutter and try to sit up.

"Jungkook." Taehyung cries and hugs me.

"It's ok. I'm here." I whisper and kiss his head as he sobs on my shoulder.

As I hold him, I look around the room. I'm in that tiny concrete cell again. I'm back to the very beginning. When I look down, I see that mine and Taehyung's ankle are shackled.

"Why are you here?" Taehyung asks and looks at me when he calms down.

"Because I wanted to make sure that you are ok and to tell you that we are looking for you." I answer and wrap him in my arms.

It is a relief that he is ok. I know that mentally and emotionally he isn't ok, but physically he is. They haven't tortured him like I feared. As I hold him in my arms, I scoot towards the wall and lean against it. I wonder what they are going to do to us. We aren't little kids who can just disappear without anyone looking for us. Taehyung is a doctor and I work for the military. We also have people who love us. They will find us.

Is he going to kill us? Is that what he's going to do? I won't let him kill Taehyung. I will protect Taehyung no matter what. I promised V that he wasn't alone in protecting Taehyung anymore.

"If I turn into a monster, do you promise that you won't look at me differently?" Taehyung asks as he hides his face in my chest.

"I will never look at you differently. I know you aren't a monster." I answer and kiss the top of his head.

"You don't know what I can become." Taehyung whispers.

"I know that no matter what you can become, I will never think of you as a monster," I answer and rub his back.

"Thank you, Koo." Taehyung sniffles and holds onto me tighter.

As we stay in each other's arms, the door to our concrete cage opens. When I look up, I see Ahn standing there with a pleased smile. I protectively pull Taehyung closer to me as I try to hide him.

"Don't worry. Park told me that I can do whatever I want to do to you as long as I don't kill you, but I cannot touch the precious son." Ahn chuckles and walks in.

I look up into those cold, dead eyes and protectively keep Taehyung in my arms. I let him pull Taehyung from my arms because he just said that he won't hurt Tae. I quietly watch as Ahn shackles Taehyung's ankle to the corner of the cage which keeps Taehyung from moving to me. As Taehyung is shackled, Tae looks at me with fear and tries to reach out to me.

"It's ok." I smile and nod reassuringly.

"No." Taehyung cries and shakes his head as Ahn walks over to me.

"You don't know how much I have waited for this day." Ahn snickers then slams his foot into my chest.

"Your life must be very boring." I sneer and look up at him.

This obviously pisses him off, so he grabs my hair and slams my face to his knee. When I look at Taehyung, I see V's eyes looking at me with sadness.

"Thank you." I whisper and smile at V.