Chapter 18: The Little Prince

Author's POV (Taehyung's mother in this is Song Hyekyo but her name in this is Kim Hyekyo)

"Mom! Eomma! Are we going to the downtown garden today?" Taehyung asked his mother as he walked downstairs.

"Of course! You said that you wanted to draw the tulips because they are in full bloom." Taehyung's mom smiled as she looked at her gorgeous 11 year old son.

"Yes!" He squealed and ran to grab his art supplies that he received for Christmas last year.

While Taehyung got everything ready, his mom prepared a picnic for them. The weather had finally cleared up after several weeks of rain and clouds. Taehyung was always an energetic child who enjoyed playing outside everyday, so the past weeks had been difficult for her as she watched her son sorrowfully watch the rain and clouds. 

"Tae Bear, are you ready to go?" She asked as she turned around to see him standing there with the biggest smile on his face.

"I'm ready, Eomma." The cute little boy smiled.

"Ok! Tulip garden, here we come!" The mother happily yelled as she opened the door to their apartment and happily breathed in the spring air.

"Eomma, can we walk there?" Taehyung asked as he finally felt free.

"Of course! We have to enjoy the spring air!" She answered and held her son's hand.

As they blissfully walked to the downtown tulip garden, neither of them noticed the two men following them in the shadows.

"Bear, what else do you want to do today?" She asked as they walked closer to their destination.

"Ice cream! Can we get ice cream?" He asked in the happiest singsong voice.

"Perfect!" She smiled and turned to the right to head to the ice cream shop they both loved.

"Eomma, what flavor are you getting this time?" Taehyung asked as they approached the entrance.

"I was thinking vanilla and something fruity. It's perfect for spring. What about you?" Taehyung admired his beautiful mother as she answered with the biggest, happiest eyes.

His mother was his role model, his inspiration in life, his sunshine, his entire family, his guardian angel, his happiness, and his entire world. Her smile and laughter lit up his entire world and told him that there was nothing to fear. Her nighttime stories told him of a colorful world that was waiting for him to go and explore. She fueled his imagination and cheered for him when he succeeded and failed. She never let him focus on his failures instead, she encouraged him to try again so that he could eventually taste success.

"I think that I'll have strawberry!" Taehyung giggled as they walked into the shop.

As they ordered, Taehyung bounced around the whole time in excitement. When he was handed his ice cream, he squealed and instantly began enjoying it. His mother watched him fondly as they sat and ate their ice cream. Taehyung was notorious for making a mess when he ate ice cream, so they sat in the shop until he had finished.

"Eomma, what time is it?" Taehyung asked as he looked outside.

"It's time to go!" She smiled and picked up his trash.

Once they walked out of the store, Taehyung began to skip and hum while his mother held his hand to make sure he didn't accidentally run into someone or walk out in the middle of the road. 

"A butterfly!" Taehyung squealed as he pointed to a beautiful white butterfly floating past them.

As he pointed to the butterfly, he focused on the tulips a few steps ahead of them. The moment he saw them, he started to run while dragging his mother by the hand.