❌ 🩸Chapter 22: I am Still Me

Warning: There is sensitive content in this chapter. There is hinted sexual assault. It is very brief. If you are sensitive to this topic, I marked the spot with ❌

Author's POV

The first morning after being moved to the black and red rooms, the boys were taken to different rooms. When Hoseok walked into his room, it was filled with different tech that the nine year old had never seen before.

"You will learn how to use all of these devices and how to adapt to the newer versions. Technology will be your strong point. Got it?" Jang Kiyong asked Hoseok.

"Yes." Hoseok answered and looked around the room.

When Jungkook walked into his room, he looked around and saw different weapons lining the walls.

"You will learn how to fight and kill. You are a weapon. Do you understand?" Park Sungwoong asked Jungkook.

The seven year old nodded his head and continued to look around.

Their days began to be filled with pain and hard work. Whenever they messed up, they were beaten. Whenever they did well, another obstacle was thrown at them. Before either boy knew it, another two years had gone by.

They both learned how to behave in a way that got them into less trouble, but they both whispered their little chant every night before they fell asleep. The better they behaved, the more freedoms they were granted. Finally, the boys were allowed to eat breakfast together in a small room.

When they walked into the breakfast room for the first time, Hoseok stared at Jungkook in shock. Jungkook had grown again. Hoseok began to panic because he was missing watching Jungkook grow up. Every time Hoseok saw him again, Jungkook would be taller and more mature looking. 

Jungkook quickly looked up when he heard his hyung walking into the room. When he saw Hoseok, he smiled and pointed towards the chair next to his. Hoseok quickly walked over and sat next to him. For Hoseok, Jungkook went from being five to nine in a blink of an eye, but for Jungkook, Hoseok was still his hyung.

As they ate, Hoseok took in every detail of the little boy who once cried in his arms. Now, there were scars on his body and pain in his eyes. The little boy he tried to protect was no longer a little boy. His childhood was stripped from him.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked as he noticed the way Hoseok was looking at him.

"You got bigger." Hoseok mumbled.

"So did you." Jungkook pointed out with a smile.

"True." Hoseok smiled back and continued to eat the disgusting mush they had been eating for four years.

A year later they were allowed to eat dinner together as well. Hoseok felt a pain in his chest as he watched the ten year old walk in covered in blood.

"Not all of it is mine." Jungkook smiled and sat down at the dinner table.

"Good." Hoseok sighed in relief.

"I was told that they will start training me in something else tomorrow." Jungkook told Hoseok without knowing the horror that was waiting for him in the morning.

"Guns?" Hoseok asked as he looked at Jungkook.

"No, I already know how to use those." When Jungkook said this, Hoseok looked at him surprised.

"I hope it's something fun." Jungkook muttered because something told him that he would not like it.

"Yeah." Hoseok sighed because he knew fun was not a part of their lives. They're lucky they get to see each other for 30 minutes a day now.