Chapter 26: Without You

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung-ah!!! Let's go! You're going to be late to work!" Hobi hyung's yell makes me bolt out of bed.

Did my alarm not go off? Oof. This is annoying.

"I'm hurrying!" I yell back and rush to the shower.

Six months have passed since everything happened. The pain hasn't lessened, but I'm learning how to live with it. I think. I know it's a pain I will have to live with for the rest of my life. It's just hard without you.

As I shower, I hear my phone ding. I'm sure Hobi hyung told Jin hyung that I woke up late and now he's chewing me out. Hyungs are something else. They are so childish. 

When I get out of the shower, I dry off and get ready. I don't really want to read a message and hear Jin hyung's angry rap voice, but he'll yell at me in person if I leave his message unopened. He's such a child.

What the fuck is this?! I quickly open my phone and read who it is from over and over again.

"Hey, Baby. How are you? Are you taking care of yourself? Have you been eating? Do you sleep ok? I love you." My sob scares Hobi hyung so he comes sprinting into the bathroom.

"Look." I cry and hand him the phone.

"Tae, are you ok?" Hobi hyung asks as he pulls me into his arms.

"How did this happen?" I ask as I read the message over and over again.

"He set up timed messages. He created them for the days that he wouldn't be able to see you when he would be on a job. I was wondering when they would start coming in." Hobi hyung explains as I sob in his arms.

"I miss him so much." I sob as I hold my phone to my chest.

"I know, Tae. I know." Hobi hyung soothingly whispers as he rocks me.

"I'm ok now." I quietly tell him when I stop crying.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Let's go to work." I smile and stand up.

"Nice body." Hobi hyung snickers then walks out.

"Hyung! Pervert!" I scream and cover myself. I forgot that I was naked.

Once I'm ready, I take a deep breath and respond to the message. I know that he won't read it, but it will make me feel better.

"I'm eating and sleeping ok. Hobi hyung has been taking care of me. I miss you so much. I wish you were here."

When we pull up to the hospital, Hobi hyung pulls out his art supplies and follows me inside. He has started volunteering in the pediatrics center teaching little kids how to paint. They make him smile, so it's really good for him. He and Jin hyung have gotten close. They might as well be twins. Their sense of humor is on the same old man level.

"Tae! Let's go! We have surgery!" Namjoon hyung yells out to me.

"I'm coming!" I answer and run up to him.

"You ok?" He asks when he sees my swollen face.

"Yeah. I just had a surprise this morning. That's all." I smile and walk with him to get ready for the surgery.

"Good or bad?" He asks as we prepare for the surgery.

"Good." I smile and think about the message from this morning.

"I'm glad." He smiles and pats my head.

"Thanks, Hyung."

Once we finish the surgery, we join the others for lunch. Per usual, Yoongi hyung joins us as well.