11| Incoming Imbalance

Unbeknownst to Lan Zhan and Wei Ying, almost every disciple above the Cold Springs was now looking for them.

To the two of them, they hadn't been gone for a while, but the others hadn't seen them for a day. Lan Qiren stood in their elegant hall, worried about the well-being of his nephew.

"Uncle Wangji and Young Master Wei most likely got into some trouble. I've sent everyone out to look for them." Lan Huan said

Lan Qiren sighed tiredly.

"Wangji has been diligent ever since he was young. He would definitely not fool around like Wei Ying. Now that the two have disappeared near the Cold Spring, I'm scared that—" He couldn't finish his words.

"Uncle is worried about..." Lan Huan urged his uncle to continue.

Lan Qiren said nothing more. He only nodded at him and looked back into the distance.

"A storm is coming," he said instead.

Lan Xichen stepped out of the room and bowed to his uncle.

"I will help look for Wangji and Young Master Wei," he said.

Lan Qiren only nodded. With that, Lan Xichen left.

The usually quiet and calm halls of Cloud Recesses were filled with young disciples either walking or fast walking around in circles. There was no running since it was prohibited.

"Second Master Lan! Second Master Lan!"

"Master Wei! Master Wei!"

Almost everyone chanted it in a loud, mediocre voice rather than shouting it. Considering that shouting is also forbidden in the Cloud Recesses, they looked everywhere for the two. They gazed in every direction. They traversed rooms, halls, woodlands, and streams. Jiang Cheng was on the lookout for Wei Ying in a frenzied search. His expression was grumpy and apprehensive, as he didn't know where the older Pride was.

"Wei Wuxian, you better not be dead so I can break your legs once I find you!" Jiang Cheng muttered under his breath.

He had first been searching through the halls and library. Now he is taking his search to Cold Springs, the last location where he knew the two had been. But he didn't know where it was since Lan Xichen only allowed Wei Ying to come. He huffed in annoyance.

"Young Master Jiang."

Jiang Cheng heard it and turned to see who it was.

"Lan Xichen," he acknowledged.

"Young Master Jiang, are you going to the Cold Springs to look for Young Master Wei?" Lan Huan smiled.

"Of course, what else am I supposed to do? Wait for them to miraculously appear right before me?" Jiang Cheng crossed his arms.

"Do you need me to help you point to where the Cold Springs is located?" Lan Huan continued to smile and lightly chuckle at his words.

Jiang Cheng said nothing for a while before he finally grumbled his reply.

"Yes."

"Okay, please follow me. I also came to help look for Wangji and Young Master Wei." Lan Huan smiled and started leading the way.

Jiang Cheng only nodded and followed him as they walked together to the Cold Springs.

-

In a large landscape of darkness and fire, where dark skies with tints of red covered most hours, the land was oozing with endless lava and steam. This place is the very well-known Nightless City. And perched on the high, lone mountain, above the smaller houses and buildings of civilians, was the palace of the Wen Fire Sect.