2| Cloud Recesses

Morning now adorns the entirety of Cloud Recesses. Its beauty and wonder are even clearer to the naked eye. Gusu Cloud Recesses was truly befitting of its name, perched proudly atop tall mountains and waterfalls. A place engulfed by clouds that gave the illusion of it floating above the ground.

Running around the stoned paths was the same boy dressed in black and red robes; his birthname was Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian. Following behind him was a boy dressed in purple robes. The two were both panting from all the excessive running they'd done to reach their destination on time.

"We made it! Let's take a break, rest a bit." Wei Ying breathed out.

They both ran onto a short arch bridge, stopping in the middle of it. The boy in purple fixed himself. He was dusting off any dust or dirt that he might have collected. A signature Yunmeng Jiang clarity bell hung on his waistband. His skin was bathed in the morning sun, and his black hair was all tied with a purple ribbon into a bun above his head. The only strands that were let out were those that hugged his face. Jiang Cheng is his birth name, and Jiang Wanyin is his courtesy name.

"If you get up late again, I definitely won't wait for you." Jiang Cheng said. Eyes of light purple glared in annoyance at the other.

"It's just being late. We'll be punished to stand at worst. What's there to fear?" Wei Wuxian fixed his long hair, which was tied by a red ribbon in a high ponytail, and then he turned to face the other.

While the two talked, another presence came. There were two, both dressed in fine golden robes. Clearly, both belong to the wealthy Lanling Jin Earth Clan. The one in front held arrogance in his steps. He was passing by the other two that stood on the bridge.

"Bro Zixuan," Jiang Cheng addressed the one in front of the two in gold. He gathered his hands in front of him. With his left hand over his right, he bowed to show respect.

Jin Zixuan is the heir of the Lanling Jin Earth Clan. He looked as boastful as the grandness of his golden robes and accessories. He wore a frown on his face, though it still showed his handsome features. His hair was tied in a high ponytail, he had side bangs on his face, and he had a red vermilion mark at his center forehead. As he walked, his pale yellow eyes turned to the two greeting him. He barely spared them a glance. He greeted them back half-heartedly and proceeded to walk without saying a word. His servant followed behind.

Wei Ying scowled over the display of his rotten attitude. "This Bro Jin is getting more pompous." he commented.

"Lanling Jin Earth Clan is wealthy as a king. Jin Zixuan is God's favored one. Of course he's pompous." Jiang Cheng said as he also looked at the fading figures.

Wei Ying's lips twisted into a smirk. His hand willed the water from below the bridge into his palms. Jiang Cheng saw this and that look on his face, already aware of the disaster such a combination could bring.

"Wait, stop thinking of mischief!" Jiang Cheng reprimanded him, elbowing the other and bending the water safely back to the flowing stream.

Wei Ying regained his balance quickly before he fell off the bridge. He rubbed his behind, which received the unrestrained hit. Looking back at Jiang Cheng, he gave an apologetic smile.

"I'm warning you. No matter what, Jin Zixuan is sis' fiance. They'll get married one day. Bear with it even though you despise him." He scolded the older boy.

"Alright." Wei Ying simply replied.

His thoughts and plans of wreaking havoc on the cocky peacock's stay in Gusu were all quickly disposed of. At least for the time being.

They proceeded to move again, only walking this time to the place where their classes were to be held.

"Orchid Room," Wei Ying read.