Chapter 34: No Midpoint

Bumblebee fell to ground once again, after barely running 5 steps to get away from Steeljaw. His entire body was leaking energon. The wolf's laughs fill the room. "Oh, dear BumbleBee. You poor little bug."

Steel thrusts the decepticon hunter into BumbleBee's leg just to be funny. A squeak erupts out of Bee's throat as he laid there helpless, his whole body dripping with his own blood and laying it a puddle of it as well. He was so badly hurt.

Bee tries again to stand but Steeljaw knocks him down, flips him onto his back and holds the hunter's 2 prongs at Bumblebee's head and drags it down his face, scratching his optics and making him cry energon.

Bee yelled in pain, loudly, crying out in fear.

"Keep on screaming, brother.... It'll be the last you can do."

Bumblebee gave out and laid limp. Steel laughs again "Oh ho ho, don't tell me that you already died. I'm having so much fun." He licks his dermas, his jaw quivering as a growl rumbles in his throat.

Bee hums in dissapointment and pain "Help me..." he murmurs.

Lubricant streams from his eyes,
Falling off his helm and mixing with the energon below him.

"You're done." remarks Steeljaw. "Give it up." He holds the hunter at Bee's spark chamber and whispers to himself "Death Ray."

The weapon charges at Bee and the Lieutenant lays there hopeless.

A loud clang is heard and Bumblebee hears the decepticon hunter deactivating and hitting the floor next to him. He then listens to hear Steeljaw scraping the ground and groaning, trying to get up on his feet. He stands and then an angry voice sounds "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!!!! FOR THAT, I SHALL KILL YOU!!!!"

The bot who saved Bee's life ran over at a Steeljaw and began fighting him. Bee heard the unknown bot beat his enemy to nearly death. The guy then looked over to Bumblebee and ran over "Bee, are you okay?"

Bumblebee hums in pain, rolling his optics back and closing them. The Stunticon remarks "It's okay... I got you, now." He helps Bee to sit up and BumbleBee lays his head back; still in pain. He couldn't move. It hurt too much.

MotorMaster lifts him up and soon enough, 4 other bots run in. They gasp, seeing the problem. "Boss? Is he——alright?" Dragstrip asks, nervous.

MotorMaster doesn't answer and walks out. "Let's just...... go back to the outpost...." The chief mumbles.

Everyone follows after their chief and soon enough, they get to their ship and take off. Slashmark fixed Bumblebee in the back room and MotorMaster sat in the main-room seat, his cheek on his fist, his optics staring into space, tears now heading in them.

"Chief?" Heatseeker questions "Y-you're crying..."

MotorMaster didn't respond or do anything. He just sat there, silent cries and shuddered breaths leaving his voicebox.

Heatseeker walks over to Dragstrip at the control panel. "Everything alright with the boss?" Strip asks silently.

Heat remarks "He's pretty upset about the Lieutenant."

"I don't blame him." Wildbreak adds "They're definitely close."

"Yeah, we know that Dimspark! It wasn't obvious!?" Dragstrip snaps.

Wildbreak cowers "No! Th-that's not what I meant! I-I.... I just mean that their connection is pretty strong and seeing all that damage be brought upon chief's significant other made him feel pretty hopeless that he couldn't have been there to help him when he needed it or prevent it."

"Ph, I coulda said that..." Drag vents quietly.

"It doesn't matter what happened, what's done is done...." Slashmark says, walking out. MotorMaster looked to him.

Heatseeker asks "Is he alright!?"

The doctor looks to MotorMaster who stared back at him in worry. "Bumblebee.... Will survive. It just make take awhile for him to recover."

"How long?" Dragstrip asks

Slashmark shrugs "Days, weeks, maybe months, possibly years... we don't know..."

MotorMaster slams his fist on his arm rest and everyone looks to him "ARGH!! It's my fault! I should have kept a better eye on him!"

"Sir, please, calm down." Slashmark worries.

"Calm? CALM?? YOU WANT ME TO BE CALM!!?? YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO HARDLY CARES ABOUT HIM!!!" The boss stands, walking over to the Stunticon.

"Chief please, I do care!"

"NO!!! YOU DONT!!! OTHERWISE YOU WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT AND NOT ACT THE WAY YOU DID AT BASE!!!! WHAT DID YOU TELL BUMBLEBEE!!!!???"

Slashmark was shocked "W-wait, how did you know I told him something?"

"Why else would he want to tell the others something after you talked to him, and ONLY after you talked to him? What— did— you—- tell—- him?" MotorMaster growls.

The others look to Slashmark.

Slashmark gulps and realizes he had no way out. He vents "Okay.... He was thinking.... H-He wants to know if he had to keep secrets from his team forever. He didn't know what to do so I told him either dump the autobots or dump you— I-I mean us! Dump us! T-the stunticons!"

MotorMaster steps back "You told him to leave me?"

"T-that's not what I meant exactly..." Slashmark worries.

MotorMaster smacks Slashmark across the face and growls "Don't you EVER say that to him!"

The other Stunticons stepped beck.

Slashmark argues "It was either dump you or his team! Become your enemy again or start being their enemy. There isn't a midpoint."

MotorMaster stood there realizing what he put on his friend. He stepped back and his seriousness left his face once more.