Chapter 9

It had been a few days since Blaze had gotten to have one of the best days with his friends in a while. He was now back to working, watching over those in the server, like many others in their division. Watchers powers, unlike admins, had more of a magic to them. Where admins focus more on the code of the reality of the world, watchers control more of the living parts of it. One of the harder things that Blaze had to do was not show any reaction to what they knew was going on, even when they were often bombarded with questions concerning everything that was going on. They weren't allowed to talk too much about it since they didn't want to cause mass amounts of worry, luckily the other watchers believed what they said so he was able to get back to work. Blaze then felt a disturbance on a server, it seemed to be a relatively new one, one where they followed a storyline. They came out of the zone, from which he watches, and stretched his wings, preparing to fly. On the way out of one of the watcher halls, they said, "Bye Kelin,"

Since Kelin was one of the watcher guards that were stationed there today, "See ya, Blaze," Kelin said back

Blaze headed over to the Portal Hub, which was where players, watchers and admins, that couldn't switch the world with their screen, travel across worlds. The hub consisted of one large portal that normally had a constant flow of every type of person coming in or out of servers, some who are regulars who walked or flew normally, and the ones who had visited very few times that took in the surrounding areas. Most of the people moved out of the way as Blaze came towards the portal, as many knew Blaze as a high watcher, they waved to the people as they passed by, smiling and saying thank you. Even though it was done for respect Blaze always felt awkward whenever the people did something like this, which is why they liked the café so much. When they were there it was always less formal, apart from the reserved table of course which was the best privilege. Blaze looked down to their communicator and steadied themself for the trip into another server.

⍑╎⊣⍑ ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ ʖꖎᔑ⨅ᒷ ᓵᒷꖎ∷╎リ╎リᒷ joined the game

The server spawn was next to a giant tree, it looked player made so that was where they went to see if they could find a player to ask for permission to teleport. The location listed seemed to be several thousand blocks away, and even though they could teleport anyway it was always their first instinct to ask some of the server members. They saw a player there with the name of Erakoo, "Hello are you the owner of this server?" Blaze asked Erakoo.

Erakoo mumbled something that I couldn't quite understand and looked to the ground, he must be shy Blaze thought. "I was just wondering if I could teleport to the location that reported an anomaly,"
He nodded so Blaze gave him a wave goodbye and typed in the command the coordinates, and they were surprised at what they found when they were there.

In front of them was a giant castle with a mix of dark coloured blocks. There seemed to be a nether portal in the shape of the card suit symbol of a spade, there were four towers in the corners with a small purple glass crystal with lava at each. There was a larger tower in the centre with another large purple crystal. Inside the entranceway was a player... No, they had watcher blood. They had an ingame name of ArtemisMoon_1907 which seemed familiar. "Hello, High Watcher Blaze Celrinine. I'm Artemis," she said.

"Hello, Artemis. So you mentioned you had an affected mob?" Blaze asked.

"Yeah it's done in the dungeon," Artemis said opening up a redstone door.

The room behind the redstone door was a dungeon that was an obsidian box with a wither inside, the only way to see in was a single block. The wither seemed like it was trying to find a target to shoot it but it was still shooting its attacks. "How did you manage to trap it? Most other withers have had to been killed,"

"We were doing a roleplay scene in the throne room with some of the other Royal Flush members when it suddenly spawned over the trap so we clicked the button that released it into here,"

Observing the wither Blaze was able to see the parts of the aura surrounding it. The magic, it was something more powerful than they had ever seen, more powerful than they had felt. They could see what Xelqua meant when he said that it had an aura of permadeath. A shiver was sent down Blaze's spine that went down the feathers of his wings. "When I get back I'll call a team to extract the wither," Blaze told to Artemis

She nodded, looked around then turned back and asked, "Is everything alright in the main world? I know it's not my place to ask but I had High Admin Via Celrinine at my other server and she seemed shocked at something,"
That's where Blaze had remembered the name, Via had mentioned to him one night about a watcher who didn't know that they were one. Blaze didn't like when they had to lie to the people, but they had to since they weren't allowed to worry the people around the servers. "Just some people playing pranks, nothing to worry about," they smiled.

Artemis wasn't convinced but it was obvious that they weren't allowed to talk about it, "Okay that's good,"

Blaze could tell that she didn't believe them but she continued, "Thank you,"

"It's no problem, and nice castle," Blaze replied

"Thanks, goodbye High Watcher Blaze Celrinine," she said

"Goodbye," they replied, then exiting the server back to the Main World. 

WC~ 994

Again thank you to everyone reading this, but chapters might soon slow up since I've started school. I have at least one more prepared, but I'll do my best to post once a week.