Chapter 15

Xelqua quickly dove into an empty nearby alleyway, changing to be his player self, and quickly heading to the portal. At least as quickly as he could through the masses of people. When he arrived the other Hermits messaged him hello, he messaged back, but by now had gone through the nearest nether portal for a quick way to get to the end. Through the red mist, he spread his elytra out to fly. He followed the path that was laid beneath him, using his fireworks to propel himself forwards at a faster pace. When he reached the nether portal that led to the end portal room, he almost sped through it but he managed to stop himself just in time. As the area around him changed to a mix of stone and mossy bricks, he rushed to the portal of galaxies and jumped through.

The main end island was covered in a purple glow, it was one of the watchers that were attacking Hermitcraft. When he flew onto the end island he scanned the area. He couldn't see any creatures but he could feel under his skin that there was something waiting to attack. The land did show some signs of wear, which you wouldn't notice if you weren't looking closely. As Grian was looking around a bang sounded from behind him. He turned around to see a wither coming around one of the obsidian pillars, Grian weaved around the pillars and the bedrock portal frame. While dodging the attacks he changed back into his Xelqua form, when he was able to spread his wings he started to weave between the obsidian pillars and the bedrock portal frame. At first, he tried to use his normal hermit weapon of a diamond sword, but the wither was similar to the one who attacked him before. He unlocked the secret part of his inventory, one that isn't always visible in the game. He pulled out his sword, it was 65cm (25.5 inches) and was made of the end ore called ᒷリ↸╎∷╎. His sword is called ᔑ⚍ᑑꖎᒷ ̇/, which is his name backwards since Erin said it was a way to connect him with his sword more.

He raised his sword up to block the withering heads that were being sent his way, after impact it sent a tiny cloud of black smoke that Xelqua tried to avoid getting too much into his face. Getting closer and closer, he stopped more and more of the heads that were flying in his direction with his blade. Reaching the wither he did a quick slice with his blade to cut off its three heads. Soon more withers started to spawn, one at a time Xelqua took each of them down, but they were slowly getting harder to defeat, they also started to come in parties of two or more. Then a wither with an unexpected power spawned. Xelqua didn't take notice of it at first but when he saw a wither with six heads he was confused, then he noticed that some of the other surrounding withers also had six heads. To test he tried to cut off only one of the wither's heads and he saw that an extra one grew out. Great, Xelqua thought to himself, it seemed that whatever watcher was on the Hermitcraft server was copying the Hydra tales. Xelqua closed his eyes and sent a surge of power which led to his sword now being covered in purple fire, now being swished with more ease through the withers that kept spawning. It was draining Xelqua faster, he was still trying to savour his strength because he thought that whoever was sending these withers would come to face him when he thought he was tired. He managed to keep the withers at bay, he could see an occasional message on his communicator come through and he tried to reply without making it seem like he was in a life or death situation. Soon the withers started to clear up. A sharp slash of purple lightning sent a shivering shock down Xelqua's spine, the air around him changed into a cold atmosphere. He turned around and saw a floating figure, even with the watcher's eye mask over his face he could tell which enemy he was facing. The Ex-General of the Army Zoridaii.

WC~ 722

Sorry, it's not as long, as usual, I have been sick for the last four days and haven't been able to work on it much, luckily this wasn't meant to have been as long.