Curiosity killed the cat

“ma’am, we’re here.” The driver exclaimed. Loralie jolted awake, not sure of the time. She pulled out her phone. It was 2:01, right on time. She looked out her window and her heart dropped. “little lady.. are you sure this is where you want to be..?” the man asked, scratching his newly shaved beard. “Yeah” Loralie hesitated. There was a few huge buildings hidden from an alleyway, it looked almost like a factory dark and mysterious, with only a single small metal door. She wasn’t sure if it was the right place, but she got out anyways. She didn’t want to look like a wimp. “thank you sir!” she smiled sweetly. He shrugged and drove off as she shut the car door. Loralie turned around and took a deep breath as she stepped forward into the dark alley. The closer she got the more scared she became. There is no way this dump is a mental hospital, she thought. I mean it was so far from the main city, and all around it was dead. She climbed up one of the ladders on the side of the alley, to the top of the roof. She was in awe at the view of her city from this far away. Loralie looked around. It was like.. a ghost town. Nobody was there, and all around the few stores that were abandoned, there was nothing but land until the city was in view. It would take hours to walk back, but she didn’t mind. Loralie grabbed her phone out of her pocket, checking the time. It was about time to finally walk in, it was better to get over with than sit around. She had climbed on the roofs of the stores until she was out of breath. She didn’t want to go in, but it’s not like she had any other choice at this point. Jumping down from the top of one of the small stores, loralie saw a camera. “what the hell-?” she waved at the camera, but then decided not to draw too much attention. Brushing her dark hair out of her face, she knocked on the metal door. A few moments passed, and suddenly it clicked open. A tall man with glasses and a white lab coat came out. “hello there, you are-?” “Loralie, my friend Melanie gave me a card here and I decided to talk to you guys. This is translucent hope hospital, yes?” she asked. His face brightened more. “ah yes, I’ve heard who you are. We’ve been waiting for you.” “oh haha, okay I was just making su-“ her sentence was cut off with a sharp pain in her arm. “AH- ARGH-“ she struggled. Her breath slowed, everything growing cold and numb. She soon saw only darkness.