Chapter 7 - Touture for love

Bucky pov

Inside a bank vault, the hydra agents fix my melal arm that Natalia damaged so I had a small flash back to my old life after I was revolvers by zola and the hydra agents.

"Sergeant Barnes..." zola states in a flashback I'm having. Then I had a flashback to falling off a train at the edge of the mountain with that guy from the bridge trying to save me. "Bucky No!" He screamed. Then another one happened and it was with the hydra agents picking me up.  "the procedure has already started" zola talks again.

Then their amputating my arm and replacing it with a metal one instead. "you are to be the new face of hydra put him on ice" zola continues. After my flashbacks of being out in ice I knock over the hydra agents killing one of them Rumlow and Natalia come running in as she looks worried and Rumlow points a gun at me.

"don't touch him!" She screams activating her powers at Rumlow. Then pierce walks in the vault glaring at Natalia which scared her a little bit making me tense up. "sir he's unstable erratic". The first Scientist tells Pierce as they keep walking. He walks over to natiala and slaps her making me now pissed off but confused. "mission report" Pierce orders. I didn't respond cause I didn't know what to say. "mission report NOW" he gets even more stern.

He moves closer to me as Natalia  is squirming uncomfortably in Rumlow's grip. scared he'll do something to me but all pierce does is strike me in the face. "the man on the bridge..." I start. I have another flashback of the guy calling me Bucky. "who was he?" I asked. "you met him earlier this week on another assignment" pierce tells me. "I knew him" I started to get a little emotional.

Pierce sat in front of me while Rumlow and his men hold Natalia cause she knew why was gonna happen. "prep him" pierce tells the head scientist. "no dont!" Natalia screamed. "he's been out of cryo freeze too long" the scientist pleaded. "then wipe him and start over"

Natalia is being held down as they push me down and I look at her telling her it's gonna be ok and now she's crying.

End of POV

"let go of me!!! Leave him alone!" I screamed and cried for the man I love. After they finish wiping him pierce takes me to a room and I glare at him.

-Steve POV-

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize. He said, "Peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." Fury says. "We have to stop the launch and I need to find my daughter." Natasha says. "Our daughter." I glare. "I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." He opens a briefcase containing three chips. "What's that?" Sam asks. "Once the Helicarriers reach three thousand feet, they'll triangulate with Insight satellites becoming fully weaponized." Agent Hill says. "We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." I look at Natasha. "One or two won't cut it. We need to link all three carriers for this to work, because if even one of those ships remains operational a whole lot of people are gonna die." Agent Hill says. "We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is HYDRA. We need to get pass them, insert the server blades, and maybe, just maybe, we can salvage what's left..." Fury looks at all of us. "We're not salvaging anything. We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick, we're taking down SHIELD." I say to Fury. "SHIELD had nothing to do with it." He looks at me. "You gave me this mission, this is how it ends. SHIELD's been compromised, you said so yourself. HYDRA grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." I grow more irritated. "Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." I roll my eyes. "And how many paid the price before you did?" I throw my hands up. "Look, I didn't know about Barnes." I glare at him. "But you kept my daughter remind you, MY DAUGHTER a secret from me." Fury sighs and Nat puts her hand on my shoulder. "Natalia is undercover she has been for years since she was eighteen  she knew the risks. We couldn't tell you until we knew sh was safe out of pierces grasp." Fury explained as I continued to glare. "Either way, Even if you have, would you have told me? Or would you have compartmentalized that too? SHIELD, HYDRA, it all goes." I spit. "He's right." Agent Hill says to Fury. "Don't look at me. I do what he does, just slower." Sam looks at me. "Well... Looks like you're giving the orders now, Captain." Fury looks at me. I nod and get up to walk outside.

"He's gonna be there, you know?" Sam startles me out of my thoughts. "I know." I reply. "Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop." Sam looks at me. "I don't know if I can do that." I put my head down. "Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you." I sigh. "He will. Gear up, it's time." I start to walk off. "You gonna wear that?" Sam says. "No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform." I smile at Sam.