Chapter 33

An Elevator opens and HYDRA agents sees Steve and Josie. Clearly she panics a little they both walk in and Steve hits the button to continue down.

"Captain. I thought you were coordinating search and rescue?" Josie takes a deep breath.

"Change of plans." Josie squeezes the necklace.

"Hey, Cap." Steve turns and nods at Rumlow.

"Rumlow." everyone starts getting suspicious and has their guard up.

"I just got a call from the Secretary. I'm gonna be running point on the scepter." Josie shakes her head.

"Sir? I don't understand." Steve continues his lie.

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." Rumlow still suspicious of it.

"Sorry, Cap. I can't give you the scepter." Sitwell gets his phone.

"I'm gonna have to call the Director."

"That's okay. Trust me." Steve leans over to Sitwell's ear.

"Hail Hydra." Everyone is surprised even Josie, Steve and Josie walk out of the elevator with the scepter and a smile.

Cut to the building's stairwell. Cut to a walkway several floors up. Steve is having trouble on his communicator.

"Tony, what's going on? Tell me you found that cube." Josie stops stunned.

"Uh dad?" He looks up and groans.

"Oh, you gotta be shitting me." In front of them, Steve sees his 2012 self looking back.

"I have eyes on Loki. 14th floor he has a hostage." Steve Puts the case down.

"I'm not Loki. And I don't wanna hurt you." 2012 Steve engages and the two Captain Americas begin to duel.

"A freaking hostage?!"

"I can do this all day." Standing up out of breath Steve groans.

"Yeah, I know. I know." Both Rogers' frisbee their shield's at one another which clang away as they brawl, inadvertently kicking away the case containing the scepter which falls down a few levels. 2012 Steve gets the upper hand on Future Steve's as they both fall down to the same level as the scepter. Future Steve's locket of Josie and Natasha falls out, Steve (2012) notices it.

"Where did you get this?" Steve (2012) has future Steve in a chokehold.

"Bucky... is... alive!" The other Steve let's go shocked.

"What?" Future Steve takes the chance to sucker punch his counterpart, grab the scepter and knock Steve (2012) out, gets up and stares at him.

"Really one word of Bucky mentioned and your weak" Josie asked annoyed.

"That is America's ass." She rolls her eyes as they leave.

The scene cuts to Steve, who has just defeated himself, jumping down from a building with the scepter

"Josie Cap–" they both  turn around to see Tony and Scott sitting in a broken car.

"Sorry, buddy. We got a– problem." Josie was confused.

"Huh. Yeah, we do." Then It hit her.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" Steve asked.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Josie rolls her eyes.

"You said that we had one shot. This– this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing–" Scott rants.

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Scott looks at tony annoyed.