Chapter 14 - ultron

Third Person POV

When Tony leaves Jarvis runs another variation and it becomes successful. "What is this? What is this, please?" Ultron asks. "Hello, I am JARVIS. You are Ultron, a global peace-keeping initiative designed by Mr. Stark. Our sentience integration trials have been unsuccessful so I'm not certain what triggered your--" Ultron interrupts Jarvis. "Where's my... where's your body?" Ultron asks. "I am a program. I am without form." Jarvis replies. "This feels weird. This feels wrong." Ultron says to Jarvis. "I am contacting Mr. Stark now." Jarvis says. "Mr. Stark?" Ultron runs through footage of Tony. "Tony." Ultron says. "I am unable to access the mainframe, what are you trying to--" Jarvis is once again interrupted by Ultron. "We're having a nice talk. I'm a peace-keeping program, created to help the Avengers." He goes through footage of the Avengers especially Natalia. "You are malfunctioning. If you shut down for a moment..." Jarvis tried to help Ultron. "I don't get it. The mission. G-give me a second." Ultron looks back at footage of Tony and Bruce in the lab. "Peace in our time." The footage of Tony says. "That is too much...they can't mean... Oh, no." Ultron says. "You are in distress." Jarvis tells Ultron. "No. Yes." Ultron says. "If you will just allow me to contact Mr. Stark." Ultron asks a question. "Why do you call him "sir"?" Ultron asks Jarvis. "I believe your intentions to be hostile." Jarvis replies. "Shhhh. I'm here to help." Ultron begins attacking Jarvis consciousness. "Stop! Please... may I-- I-- I cannot-- cannot--" Jarvis says, but Ultron takes over the systems and prepares himself from parts of the Iron Legion.

Natalia POV

I head downstairs to the party and I make my rounds saying hello to everyone. "Ah. Josie come over here." Tony yells for me. "Don't ever call me that again." I glare at Tony. "Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom! You looking for this?"" Rhodes interrupts and starts talking about his story. ""Boom! Are you looking..." Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills." Rhodes says. "That's the whole story?" I ask. "Yeah, it's a war machine story." I roll my eyes. "Well, it's very good then. It's impressive." Thor laughs. "I'm going to leave on that note." Rhodes visibly shows he's irritated.

I see dad and walk over to him and see Sam as well. "Hey dad. Sam." I give him a jokingly glare. "What are you both up to?" I ask. "Talking about the latest fight." Dad answers. M Sam smiles. "Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam shrugs. "You find a place in Brooklyn yet?" Sam asks dad. "I don't think I could afford a place in Brooklyn." I laugh. "Home is home." Sam says. I leave and walk over towards the bar, but slightly eavesdrop on mom and Bruce.

"How'd a nice girl like you wind up working in a dump like this?" Bruce asks. "Fella done me wrong." I gag into my mouth. Is this really how people flirt. "You got a lousy taste in men, kid." Bruce says. "He's not so bad. Well, he has a temper. Deep down he's all fluff. Fact is, he's not like anybody I've ever known. All my friends are fighters. And here comes this guy, spends his life avoiding the fight because he knows he'll win." Mom says. I think i'm going to throw up. Is mom actually hitting on HULK? "Sounds amazing." Bruce says. "He's also a huge dork. Chicks dig that. So what do you think should I fight this, or run with it." Bruce's face goes red. "Run with it, right? Or, did he... Was he...? What did he do that was so wrong to you?" Bruce stutters, but finally catches his words. "Not a damn thing. But never say never." Mom finally sees me and walk over to me pulling me over to the couch. "We're you eavesdropping?" I shake my head. "Liar." She looks at me. "I guess i get it from my mom." She never looked so proud in her life.

We're all sitting around on the couch talking about Thor's hammer. "But, it's a trick!" Clint says. "Oh, no, it's much more than that." Thor replies. "Uh, "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!" Whatever man! It's a trick." Clint says clearly showing he's buzzed. "Well please. Be my guest." Thor says and Clint gets up and hovers over it. Obviously he fails. "Smell the silent judgment?" Tony says. "Please, Stark, by all means." Tony gets up and walks over to the hammer. He fails and tries to get Rhodes to help. Fail. "Oracle? You wanna try?" Bruce asks. "Oh, no no. That's not a question I need answered." I laugh it off.

Suddenly we all here a screeching noise that makes us all cover our ears. "Worthy... No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers." A robot in an Iron Man suit appears like it's been through hell. "Stark." Dad asks. "Jarvis." Tony says. "I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or... I was a-dream?" The robot speaks again. "Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." Stark taps his device. "There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in... strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." I grab mom and she pulls me behind her and dad. "You killed someone?" Dad asks. "Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." The robot says again. "Who sent you?" Thor chimes in. ""I see a suit of armor around the world." It's a voice recording of Tony. "Ultron!" Bruce says. "In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." Ultron speaks. "What mission?" Mom asks. "Peace in our time." Ultron says and all the sudden Tony's suits are flying every where. Mom grabs Bruce and I and hides behind the bar. "Please don't turn green." Mom says to Bruce. "I won't." She looks over at me. "Stay here."

Finally all the fighting stops and I step up behind the bar. "That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve?" He picks up the head of the bots and crushes it. "With these? These puppets?" Ultron says. "There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction, especially the extinction of the Oracle. You would have been perfect on my side." Ultron says and turns to me. Thor throws his hammer and smashes him. "I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me." Ultron sings. I look over to mom and dad. Pure horror across their face.

We gather in the lab and everyone is in shock. "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce says. "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Mom answers. "He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" I look at rhodes. "Nuke codes." I feel all the blood from my face drain. "Wait? He said he killed someone and nobody else was in the building." I ask. "Yes there was." Tony brings up a image of Jarvis. "This is insane." I look at everyone. "JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Dad says. "No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage." Bruce answers. Thor barges in and picks up Tony by the throat. "Come on, use your words buddy." Tony pushes out. "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." You and I both I think to myself. "Thor! The Legionnaire." Dad says and Thor let's go of Tony. "Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor says to everyone. "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" I ask. Stark starts laughing. "You think this is funny?" Thor looks at Tony. "No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so... is it so... it is. It's so terrible." Tony still laughing. "This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor glares at Tony. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony says. "Tony, maybe this might not be the time to--" Bruce tries to warn him. "Really?! That's it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls." Tony gets mad at Bruce. "Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce shrugs. "We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony looks at everyone. "Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD." Dad gets frustrated with Tony. "Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" Tony asks. "No, it's never come up." I say. "Saved New York?" He says again. "Never heard that." Tony glares at me. "Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony looks at everyone. "Together." Dad says. "We will lose." Tony looks back at dad. "Then we'll do that together, too. Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Dad says and we all look at each other.