Chapter 10 - The downfall of SHIELD

Natalia's pov

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam ask. "If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Dad says. "No? I thought they were good if they were shooting at you?" I say. An audible groan comes through the ear piece. Sam and I both laugh. "Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam states. "You okay?" Dad asks. "I'm not dead yet." Seeing sam fly over the jets.

Third Person POV

"Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow, and you knew that they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution? And you could just stop it with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?" Pierce asks the councilmen. "Not if it was your switch." Singh says. She drops the glass and pulls his mask off revealing Nat. "I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?" Nat asks.

Nat walks over to the computer and starts typing. "What are you doing?" Councilman Rockwell asks. "She's disabling security protocols and dumping all the secrets onto the Internet." Pierce says looking over at Nat "Including HYDRA's." Nat looks over at Pierce. "And SHIELD's. If you do this, non of your past is gonna remain hidden. Are you sure you're ready for the world to see you as you really are?" Nat looks over and glares at Pierce, but continues typing. "Are you?" Nat asks.

Natalia's POV

"Alpha locked." Dad says. "Falcon, where are you now?" Maria comes through. "I had to take a detour!" There was radio silence. "OH YEAH!" Sam comes through again. "I'm in. Bravo locked." Sam says. "Two down, one to go." Maria says.

Third Person POV

"Disabling the encryption is an executive order, it takes two Alpha Level members." Pierce says to Nat. "Don't worry, company's coming." Nat looks over outside and sees Fury stepping out of the helicopter. "Did you get my flowers? I'm glad you're here Nick." Pierce looks at Fury. "Really? Cause I thought you had me killed." Fury looks back at Pierce. "You know how the game works." Pierce spits. "So why make me head of SHIELD?" Fury asks. "Cause you were the best and the most ruthless person I ever met." Fury rolls his eyes. "I did what I did to protect people." Fury looks away. "Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago. Diplomacy? Holding action, a band-aid. And you know where I learned that; Bogota. You didn't ask, you just did what had to be done. I can bring order to the lives of seven billion people by sacrificing twenty million. It's the next step, Nick, if you have the courage to take it." Fury once again rolls his eyes and Nat as well. "No, I have the courage not to." He grabs Pierces and takes him to the eye scanner. "You don't you think we wiped your clearance from the system?" Pierce asks Fury. "I know you erased my password, probably deleted my retinal scan, but if you want to stay ahead of me, Mr. Secretary... You need to keep both eyes open." Fury says.

Natalia's pov

"Hey, Sam, I'm gonna need a ride." Dad answers. "Are you on your way over here?" I ask. "Yeah, be there in a second." Dad replies. "You know, you're a lot heavier than you look." Steve laughs. "I had a big breakfast." He smiles. Dad looks at me and as soon as we were about to put the chip in Bucky shows up. "Fuck." Dad looks behind him and Bucky is standing there. "Natalia what are you doing?" Bucky ask me. "I'm saving lives Buck." They brainwashed you. You're on the wrong side." He looks at me and back at Dad. "People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Dad says and they start fight. I'm shoved out of the way and hit my head and black out.

Steves POV

"NATALIA!" I yell and she is out cold. Bucky looks at her horrified. He continues to fight me and I grab his arm and grab him by the throat and knock him out. I put the chip in and rush over to Natalia who starts to wake up. "What happened?" Just as I was about to grab her. Bucky appears and grabs me. "You know me!" I yell. "NO I DON'T!" He punches me. "Bucky, you've known me your whole life." He hits me again but I let him. "Your name...is James Buchanan Barnes." I tell him. "SHUT UP!" He screams at me. "I'm not going to fight you!" I yell. "You're my friend." I look at him. "You're my mission!" He tells me and punches me hard. "YOU'RE MY MISSION!" He screams at me. "Then finish it." He hesitates. "Cause I'm with you...to the end of the line." Bucky looks at me as if he started to remember. Before I could do or say anything the jet shakes and I fall.

Natalia POV

"DAD NO!" I rush over. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" He looks at me. "Dad?" I cry and jet lights up in flames. "I need to get you out of here! HOLD ON!" I latch on to him. We jump straight into the water and I swim to shore. Bucky grabs Dad and pulls him to the surface. "DAD!" I grab him. Bucky starts walking. "Are you okay?" He doesn't even look at me, but stops. "I need some time." then that was the last I saw of him.

A day later dad finally wakes up in the hospital bed. "On your left." Dad says. Sam just smiles.

After Dad gets out of the hospital dad, Sam, and I meet Fury at the cemetery. "So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Fury asks. "You get used to it." Dad looks at the tombstone. "We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come." Fury asks. I look over at Dad. "There's something I gotta do first." Dad tells Fury looking at me. I smile. "How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Sam smiles. "I'm more of a soldier than a spy." He tells Fury. "Alright then. Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here." I smile. "Thanks for all the help Fury." I yell. He turns around and smiles at me. "You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." Mom appears. "You aren't going with him?" Dad asks mom. "No." She says. "Not staying here?" I look at her. "I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one." She looks at me. "That might take awhile." She smiles. "I'm counting on it. Can you do me a favor Steve?" Dad looks at her. "Take care of her for me." Mom kisses my forehead and leaves. Sam walks over to us. "You're both going after him?" We look at each other and nod. "You don't have to come with Sam." He smiles. "I know. When do we start?"

A/n: and that's the end of winter Solider on to age of ultron