~Chapter 103~

Shane's P.O.V

"Shane!" Kane yells. I turn to the gym doors to look at him as I hold the punching bag I was hitting. "There's someone here to see you," I give him a confused look as Lee walks into the gym. I suck on my teeth as I turn back to the punching bag and hit it harder. 

"What do you want, Lee? To rub it in my face that you got the girl and the baby?" I asked. He clears his throat. 

"No, I came to apologize," He says. I raise an eyebrow as I hold the punching bag. I turn to him. He looks away from me. "I should have never hit you," 

"I hit you first," He looks back at me. 

"Still I shouldn't have pushed you to do so. You have all rights to be angry. What Lola and I did was wrong. I am sorry for my part." I let out a dry laugh. 

"So that's it huh? You come here to apologize and we make up? I'm just supposed to be okay with you and Lola?" 

"I never came here for you to forgive me, Shane. I came here because Lola made me realize that I have been acting like a child. I don't want to fight you anymore. And I don't want my daughter to be unprotected." I let out a breath of air as I look down. "You can be angry with me and Lola but Hallie didn't do anything wrong." I give off a small smile as I heard Hallie. I look up at him. 

"Hallie?" He scratches the back of his head. 

"Lola told me about her and how she died. I thought that you would love that name choice." I nod. 

"You are right," He gives me a confused look. "Hallie didn't do anything wrong. You have my word that no harm will come to your daughter." He nods. 

"Thank you," I nod. He clears his throat. "If you feel up to it, Lola has a speech for you as well," I give him a small smile as I take off my gloves. 

"Of course she does."

Lola's P.O.V

A knock comes from the door as I was walking down the steps and I open it to see Shane. He gives me a small smile. I open the door more for him to come in. I close the door and turn to him. Before I could say anything his arms go around me. I giggle. "I'm guessing Lee faked an apology?" 

"Yeah, he did." I close my eyes as I hug him more. He takes in my scent. "I hope our baby looks as beautiful as you do." He said he pulls back. I give him a small smile. 

"Thank you," He nods. We walk to the living room and I sit on a different couch. I glance outside a bit to see a car parked a few houses down watching us through the window. I clear my throat as I look at Shane. 

"Is someone watching?" I nod. 

"And it's not Jessie's car this time." He nods. 

"I didn't see Mike at the baby shower," I look down at my hands. 

"I saw Jessie which meant that Mike was there." He hums. I look at him. 

"Thank you for asking Freya to include me with finding out the gender," I smile. 

"It was Lee's idea. I had no idea about it until the party." He smiles as he looks down. 

"My brother is a really good guy," I hum. 

"Which one?" He chuckles. 

"Both of them." His eyes go back on mine. "I wish I was more like them." I shake my head at him. 

"You don't need to change, Shane. You are a great guy yourself. You are one of the bravest guys I know." He snorts. 

"I'm such a great guy that I ruined the only good thing in my life." I take a deep breath. He gives me a forced smile. "I know I said I was okay with you and Lee. I'm trying to be. I just can't help but wonder how things would be if I didn't mess things up." I shake my head.