~Chapter 25~

“All done. I do have a bottle of medication you’re going to have to take. Once every hour. Your hand will need 3 weeks to heal.” He said.

“What about my art? Will I be able to paint again?” I asked. He looked at me like a mother looks at her son before she tells him his dog died. I looked away.

“There’s no guarantee.” He said. Shane nodded to him grabbing the pills.

“Thanks, Sam.” He said as Sam walks out. I turned towards the wall. “He didn’t say no.” He said.

“It’s fine Shane,” I said. His footsteps meet the end of the bed. I felt hand curl over my waist.

“Move over.” He said. I moved over as much as I could. He gets in the bed and turns me so I was looking at him. Tears were falling from my eyes. He frowned. “Don’t lie to me, Lola. You clearly aren’t fine.” He said. I nodded. “Come here.” He said. I put my face in his chest soaking his shirt. His hands pulled me closer. “Get some rest.” He said. I nodded my head and closed my eyes.

Shane’s P.O.V

I watched her drift off to sleep. It pained me that she had to go through with that. “Shane.” I heard a whisper behind me. I turn to see Freya. “Want me to lay with her? Your father is getting pretty rough out there.” She said. I looked back at Lola. She was finally asleep and curled up in her own ball. I wrapped a blanket around her and kissed her forehead. I follow Freya out of the room. “So what’s the damage?” She asked. I looked down.

“A deep cut on her palm of her hand and the same hand is broken. Sam said she may never paint again.” I said. She looked worried. “She almost had another panic attack,” I said.

“How’d you stop it?” She asked. I scratched the back of my neck.

“I calmed her down,” I said.

“How?”

“I talked to her and when that didn’t work I kissed her,” I said. She smiles.

“You care about her don’t you?” She asks.

“I really do,” I said.

“It’s written all over your face.” She said.

“Do me a favor and call me when she wakes up?” I said. She nods.

I walk off to the gym and past a secret room. I take off my jacket and roll up my sleeves. I then walked into the tiny room where no noise could escape. I smiled at the piece of shit hanging there. “Shane get me down.” He demanded.

“Let me think about it. Oh, wait my girl is in my bed with a broken hand of which she may never paint again. And a pounding headache. Yeah, I don’t think so.” I said.

“She called your mother a whore.” He said. I looked at him. “She said that Ciara was a whore.” He said. My anger grew.

“She isn’t my mother. She’s your wife. The one you got pregnant while cheating on my mother. Also, she’s the one who killed the child inside her because she was scared of what it would be like. I mean look at me. Nice job father. I’m a real piece of work.” I growled.

“You really think I made you this way? Your mother was the one who made you this way.” He said.

“No, she wasn’t. You had me kill at the age of 7. Kill a puppy mother bought me. You couldn’t have me getting attached to something or someone. You made sure I was just as ruthless as you. I am exactly like you if not eviler. But you know what I had. My mother to teach me what love is. And you fucked up today because you touched the only thing I ever loved.” I said. He chuckled.

“You are weak. You won’t even do it.” He said. I smiled grabbing a blade.

“You wanna bet?” I said. His face dropped as I brought the knife to his chest. He didn’t even cry. I brought the blade over the candle. I began heating it.

“No.” He yelled. I brought the blade back to him cutting him deeper. He let out a high pitched scream.