~Chapter 38~

"We've been doing this a long time to realize there aren't many good people left in this world. Some people deserve to die. You'll soon realize that too." Kane said. I crossed my arms.

"My father sold my first child to a sociopath. My mother then killed my father. She abused me until I was 8. I was cut, rapped, stepped on, bullied and yet I still think there's good in everyone. You may have been in this business a while but I've dealt with this stuff my whole life. People make mistakes. People cheat, lie, steal, and kill but even then there's a chance people can change. You need to realize that." I said. I looked at Maria. She smiled. "Maria, can you show these two to their room please?" I asked. She nodded and they looked at me. I turned around and walked away.

I walked to the still closed off art room. I looked at my wrist and down at the door. I leaned my head on the door. "Penny for a thought?" I heard. I picked up my head.

"Hey, Freya," I said. She smiled and sat on the floor at the same time I did.

"What's the wrong girly?" She asked.

"Do you think Peter deserves to die?" I asked her. She looked surprised.

"No one deserves to die, Lola. Why did you even ask that?" She asked.

"I don't belong in this world Freya. Shane's world is so much more different than mine. I can't stay here. But I fear to leave here." I said. She nodded.

"Then let's leave." She said. I looked down at my hands.

"I'm falling for him. The more I stay here with him the harder I fall." I said. She stood up.

"So we leave. In two days tops, you choose whether you want to come back. OK? We can stay at my brother's." She said. I stood up.

"My clothes?" I asked.

"I have clothes at his house and I'm sure he won't mind letting you use his Batman hoodie." She said.

"And how do you suppose we get out of here?" I asked. She dangled keys from her hand.

"Derek's not very smart when he sets things down." She said. I smiled. We walked outside and got into the car. We spun out of the driveway and I leaned my head on the door. She turned the music on and we jammed to country music. About an hour of driving, I began getting tired. I closed my eyes and began falling asleep.

"Lola. We're here." Freya's voice rang out. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar face.

"Mack!" I said jumping out of the car and into his arms. He moved 4 hours away so I haven't seen him in a while. He hugged me tightly.

"I missed you, princess." He said. I hugged him tighter.

"He's my brother too," Freya said. We pulled back on the hug and he wrapped his arms around his goofy sister. He placed a slobbery kiss to her cheek. "Ekkkk. Gross." She said pulling away from him. He chuckled.

"You two must be tired. Or hungry." He said. Freya yawns.

"I'm going to sleep." She said walking into the house. He turns to me.

"I can eat," I said. He smiled.

"Good I just made a stake." He said. I smiled and we walked into the house. I sat in the kitchen and began talking to Mack about life.

Freya's P.O.V

I got up to the spare bedroom and set my bag on the bed. I stripped out of my old clothes and put on new ones. I slid in the blankets. I was about to close my eyes until my phone rang. I sat up and grabbed it. Without checking the user ID I answered it. "Hello?" I said.

"You little sexy rebel. Why did you take my keys? And where did you go?" He asked. I leaned back on the wall.

"I'm sorry, Derek. But she was going crazy being cooped up in there all the time. I will bring you back your car soon." I said. He let out a breath of air.

"Baby, Shane isn't happy. In fact, he's going fucking crazy. He is having everyone search for her. If she isn't back by tomorrow I don't know how angry he will be. I really don't want you getting hurt because you're trying to help your friend." He said. I smiled.