~Chapter 12~

“Why do I get the feeling you're not telling me everything?” She asked me.

“Because I asked her not to. No sense in you getting caught up in something that doesn’t concern you.” Shane said. She placed both her hands on her hips.

“Let me put this nicely for you Shane. Lola is my sister. What concerns her concerns me. Which means I have a right to know. If you have a problem with that then you it doesn’t concern her either.” She said. Derek smiled.

“What’s the mean way?” He asked. She looks at him.

“Lola is going to have my baby,” Shane said. She quickly looks at him than me. “That’s the nicest way I can put it,” Shane said. I roll my eyes. Yeah with leaving out every other detail.

“You two had sex?” Freya asked. I shook my head.

“No,” I said.

“Not yet,” Shane said with a smirk.

“Wait so your planning this out? Why?” She asked.

“Oh no, you don’t you had more then you needed to. And that’s all your getting. So don’t push it.” Shane said. She went to open her mouth.

“I wouldn’t if I were you. His temper is really bad.” I said. She looked at me.

“Tell me this isn’t a crazy way of trying to heel what his jackass brother did or what your mom is doing?” She said. I looked at Shane.

“Nope, this is all him,” I said. Shane looked at Freya.

“She told you what James did to her?” He asked. Freya looked at him.

“Yeah, she tells me just about everything.” She said.

“So you can tell me?” Shane said. Freya looked down at me.

“You promised me you wouldn’t no amount of money he gives you would make you break that remember?” I said. She rolled her eyes.

“I wasn’t going to tell him.” She said. Shane gave me an irritated look.

“Come on get up.” He said to me. I watched him hold out his hand to me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to my feet. I went crashing into his chest. His arm wrapped around my waist so I wouldn’t fall backward. I took a step back trying not to make this any weirder than it was.

“So what now?” Freya asked. Shane looked at her.

“What do you mean?” He asked. She placed her hand on her hip.

“I’m more than sure you're not going to her house. So where is this delightful event happening?” She asked. I loved her idea of sarcasm.

“Yeah, I actually have to stay at his house for a while,” I said. I didn’t mean to but it just happened. Shane looked at me.

“Great. We were was suppose to work on a project for Mr. Clark’s class. Now what am I gonna do?” she said. I laughed at her behavior.

“Do you drive home or get a ride?” Shane asked. I looked at him.

“My mom picks me up.” She said. He nodded.

“When you get done with 6th hour follow Lola to Mr. Alex class.” He said. I was surprised.

“Shane don’t you think that’s a bit too much? I mean your men haven’t seen a girl in the warehouse in a long time. First you bring Lola then her friend?” Derek asked. Shane looked at him.

“They will stay in my room or the art room. Lola knows the rules and what will happen if she doesn’t follow them. Besides you’re her bodyguard now so let’s hope nothing happens to them.” Shane said.

“Shane your brother is Mr. Alex’s replacement.” I said. A gasp left Freya’s mouth.

“Owwww what I will do that guy when I get my hands on him.” She said turning to the door. Derek stood in her way.

“Sorry hot stuff can’t let you make a fool of yourself.” He said. She grew angry.

“Lola controls your friend,” Shane said. I looked at him. He can’t be serious? “My brother believes you wouldn’t have told anybody and her going after him like a crazy person would snap him into doing something drastic.” He said.