four

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nam-ra's hand hadn't left hers. Her head was resting on Minari's shoulder. The Hwang girl swore she could feel that she was asleep, but then again, she didn't want to ruin the soft ambience of the moment by checking.

However, she couldn't help but steal glances at the girl. Minari always thought she was beautiful and absolutely stunning overall, and yet here she was, developing feelings for the closed-off class president that cared about no one. . . but her. Her face heated up at the thought.

"Do you know it's rude to stare?"

Minari tensed slightly, glancing around to realize that it was Nam-ra talking to her. She slowly turned to her, finding the girl resting her chin on her shoulder now and their faces mere centimeters apart.

The Hwang girl put on a small and innocent smirk, shrugging lightly, "I can't help it." She scanned Nam-ra's face for discomfort or disgust, but all she found was the lightest of red hues on her cheeks. The girl turned away from her, her head slipping to her shoulder again.

Gyeong-su glanced at his best friend, finding her smiling to herself whilst looking at the floor. He glanced at Nam-ra, who had a hand over her mouth, but he could tell by her eyes that she was smiling. At first, he wondered how they were smiling at a time like this, but then he realized. His eyes widened.

Minari caught him looking, and narrowed her eyes at him, mouthing, What?

You look extra gay today.

Minari flipped him off.

"No, I wasn't bit, really." Minari's head shot towards I-sak, startling Nam-ra off her shoulder. On-jo and I-sak were by the window, and I-Sak wiped at her nose which was leaking blood. 

Everyone was looking now. "I mean it, I really wasn't." Minari felt Nam-ra settle her head on her shoulder again. Na-yeon, who's head was resting on her outstretched arm on one of the tables, tiredly glanced up.

"What's going on?"  She pushed herself up, standing. "Were you bit?"

"No, I wasn't!" I-sak ran to the mirror by the sink near the science lab's supply room. Minari stood up to console her, but Nam-ra got up after her, grabbing her hand. She glanced at her with wide eyes.

"Hey, you're okay, right?" Gyeong-su asked her as her eyes became bloodshot and her face went pale. I-sak slowly turned towards On-jo. 

"On-jo."

"I-sak."

They slowly walked towards each other, On-jo grasped I-sak's wrists as the girl shook her head in denial, "No, right? I'm not like them, right?" On-jo teared up, nodding slowly before embracing  her friend, who pushed her away gently. "No. I'm not one of them." On-jo embraced her again.

"What are you guys doing? Get her out of here!" Na-yeon urged loudly, causing the zombies to start thrashing at the window again. "Get her out now!"

Dae-su hopped onto the table, reinforcing the barricade they made, "Shit, they're going to climb over."

"No. I'm fine!" I-sak yelled as the others were pushing the barricades. I-sak held onto On-jo's jacket tightly, but Cheong-san wrenched her away. "On-jo." I-sak dropped to her knees, Cheong-san prevented On-jo from going to her.

"Let go." On-jo begged, but it was too late.

I-sak collapsed onto the ground, her bones beginning to crack. "Hurry! Do something!" Na-yeon yelled, turning to Minari in a frenzy. "Kill her!"