nineteen

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"This is it. Here we go," Joon-yeong turned to them all. 

"Hold on," Dae-su said, adjusting the pats on his arms. "This will work?"

"It will work," Joon-yeong enforced.

"Ready?" Minari glanced at Nam-ra, who nodded. 

"Stay close, okay? Try not to get hurt," Nam-ra said, gently holding her hand. 

Hyo-ryeong held onto Cham-jo and he hugged her protectively, "I'm scared."

"Stick with me, okay? Hold onto me as much as you want," he said, accepting a baseball bat from Su-hyeok and handing it to Hyo-ryeong. "No matter what, don't stop pushing, alright?"

"I'm gonna take the lead with Bare-su, okay?" Minari told Nam-ra, who seemed hesitant to let her go, but in the end, she let her. 

"Cheong-san, you take the back," Su-hyeok said to the boy, who nodded. The pair stood by Joon-yeong. 

"Are you ready?" 

"Shit," Mi-jin sighed. "You better be right with this."

Minari cast Ha-ri and Min-jae a glance as they stood ready with arrows. "We've seen so many zombies already. They're not smart enough for this." They slowly unlocked the door. Joon-yeong and Su-hyeok nodded at each other, glancing at Minari, who nodded.

They threw open the door.

Su-hyeok and Minari barged out to cover the group as they pushed the crates out. She kicked a zombie away as Min-jae shot it with an arrow. "Turn!" They helped turn the crates into a circle as zombies came charging towards them. 

"Get in! Get in! Close it!" Joon-yeong yelled.

A zombie nearly made it's way in but Minari essentially lobbed its head off before Su-hyeok closed the circle. Joon-yeong and Su-hyeok started to tie the crates together as zombies thrashed at the lids.

"Did you tie it?"

"Done! Push!"

They grunted as they pushed the crates forward, struggling as more and more gathered. They fought off the zombies that were trying to climb over the crates as they inched towards the door of the auditorium. "Push! Damn it!"

"They're climbing over!" Mi-jin cried out. 

"It won't budge!" Dae-su groaned. 

"Push harder!" Joon-yeong ordered.

"It won't move!"

Cheong-san began using the metal bat to hit away the zombies, Su-hyeok and Cham-jo joining him. Ha-ri and Min-jae began shooting their arrows at the zombies. Minari took Hyo-ryeong's bat and jumped onto one of the crates, whacking a zombie across the face, it's neck cracking.

They were hardly moving; they were doing more fighting than pushing. Wu-jin hit zombies away with a soft pad. One started to grab Hyo-ryeong and Cham-jo was quick to stab it in the eye. Another clawed at On-jo's foot and Minari bent down and cut it's hand off.

A scream from the other side of the circle caught her attention. Mi-jin was about to be bitten in the neck, and Minari rushed over. Joon-yeong made it first, moving the zombie away, only to have his hand bitten. Mi-jin drove her spear through it's mouth and it flopped down.