eight

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The silence in the broadcasting room was deafening. No one had spoken since zombified Gyeong-su hurtled out the window. Cheong-san glanced at Minari, who was being comforted by Nam-ra near one of the cabinets, her head leaning against Nam-ra's side whilst the shorter girl was standing. His heart ached, casting On-jo a brief glance before turning around to the window, staring out into the night.

Joon-yeong handed a roll of tissue to Dae-su, who began unravelling some of the tissue before tearing it off, sniffling, "That asshole... Gyeong-su... why'd you have to turn?" He wiped at his eyes.

"I told you all. He was infected." Na-yeon huffed. 

Dae-su slowly looked over at the girl, who had a blank look on her face. "Well, are you happy now?"

"You were all wrong," Na-yeon pointed out. "Only I was right. What would you even do without me?"

"There's not enough paper on Earth to list all of those things," Cham-jo scoffed, leaning against the door of the recording room.

"Hey," Nam-ra began, drawing her hand back from Minari's hair. "Maybe you did it."

"What?" Na-yeon asked as Nam-ra walked around the table towards her.

"I saw everything," Nam-ra said. "Na-yeon."

Minari wiped at her nose, straightening up against the cabinet, pushing herself to stand up. She watched Na-yeon stand, nodding at Nam-ra, "What? What did you see?"

"You are the one that did it."

"Who did what?" Na-yeon asked. "I didn't do anything to Gyeong-su."

Minari's brow furrowed as Nam-ra responded to her, "I didn't say anything about Gyeong-su."

"Knock it off," Wu-jin scolded. "What are you talking about?"

"I didn't do anything," Na-yeon said.

"While we were all watching Gyeong-su, you were in the back alone," Nam-ra explained. She turned and pointed at the broken mop with the sharp edge that was used to stab the zombie. "You wiped that blood with your handkerchief."

"No, I didn't," Na-yeon denied, and Minari reached for her katana.

"You wiped that on the scratches on Gyeong-su's hand," Nam-ra went on.

"I did not."

"It's in your pocket."

"So what?"

"Take it out."

"No."

"Take it out," Nam-ra raised her hand, waiting for the handkerchief.

Na-yeon hit her hand away, "I said no." Minari pushed herself off of the wall and Cham-jo was suddenly standing by all the recording equipment.

"Should I take it out?" Nam-ra said, more of statement rather than a question as she reached for Na-yeon's pocket. 

Na-yeon shoved her off, "Fuck you. Who the hell do you think you are? Class president?"

Nam-ra slapped Na-yeon across the face, causing Cham-jo to gasp in delight and Minari to walk around and hold Nam-ra back by the shoulders.

Loosely.

"You never treated me like president."

"Nam-ra, that's enough," Ms Park walked forward, scolding. "Nam-ra, do you realize what you're saying right now? If that is true, it means--"