thirteen

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nam-ra and Minari were sitting beside each other in front of a window, Su-hyeok and Cham-jo were sitting close to each other and close to the two girls. They stared out at the bright sky, Minari felt Nam-ra's hand brush hers. This time, the taller girl opened her hand, letting Nam-ra hold it if she wanted.

She felt her hand in hers, and she slowly interlaced their fingers together. Minari smiled softly, flicking her hair out of her face as a hue appeared on her cheeks. She glanced away, and Nam-ra took her chance to stare at, in her eyes, the eighth wonder of the world, Hwang Minari. She smiled at the fact that she was blushing.

"Minari. . . how are you so beautiful?"

When Minari smiled sadly when she heard the others record themselves on the camrecorder, Nam-ra found herself aching to comfort her. When Dae-su began to sing and Minari jokingly sang along with Cham-jo, who got up and twirled Su-hyeok around as if he was his bride, Nam-ra found herself smiling brightly. She realized that she would continue to smile. . . as long as Hwang Minari always had that beautiful smile on her face that gave her butterflies.

"Minari, I like you," Nam-ra whispered to her, the girl glancing at her. "So much."

"I like you so much too, Nam-ra," Minari beamed at her.

Their moment was interrupted when On-jo came up to them with the camera. "You guys can leave a message as well if you want to." She handed Minari a camera. She opened the camera, instantly grimacing at her appearance, but nonetheless, she aimed it at Nam-ra, who gave her a look, making her chuckle.

"Do you want to go before me?" Minari asked Nam-ra, who shook her head.

"We trust you," On-jo told Nam-ra. "You can untie it now."

Minari held the camera up in front of her, clearing her throat, "Hi, ma. It's me. Hopefully if you see this, I'll be right beside you and my half-siblings. If not, well, just know that I fought like hell." The girl glanced at Nam-ra, turning the camera towards her. "And I somehow got lucky enough to find an angel in this hellish situation. I love you, Ma, and hey, maybe I'll see Papa soon." She sighed, rubbing her eyes. "It would be nice, but you know what? Just for you, I'm getting out of this with my friends." She raised it up to everyone behind her, who either stood up and bowed or threw up a peace sign. "See you."

She stopped recording and closed the camera, handing it to Cham-jo and moving to untie her and Nam-ra's hands. 

The boy opened it just as Su-hyeok rested his head on his shoulder, growing incredibly comfortable with him. He ran a hand through his hair, pressing record, "Hey, Ma, Pa. I'm letting you know now that Gwi-nam is a piece of shit!" He inhaled sharply. "And I have no idea how you created a sinner and a saint but hey, one's still standing and I hope it stays that way." He faced the camera at Su-hyeok. "Now, this boy. This boy makes me . . . less reckless. You'd love him, and honestly? I love him too. He puts up with me and my sarcasm."

Bare-su's head slowly raised off his shoulder, looking at him with admiration. "Anyway, I love you. I know for a fact that I might not make it out of here, but as long as I live longer than Gwi-nam, that's mainly all that matters. See you later."

Cham-jo closed it and placed it on the table, crossing his leg over the other, noticing that Su-hyeok was looking at him, "What?"

The boy smiled, shaking his head, "Nothing." He leaned forward. "Cham-jo, can I tell you something?"