twenty

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Min-jae, Mi-jin and Ha-ri returned soon after. Mi-jin looked out of breath and was scratching her neck a lot. Ha-ri looked quite proud of herself whilst Min-jae looked scarred. But hey, he had found a metal pole of sorts, so at least he had a weapon now.

Cham-jo snorted at the look on the senior boy's face. "I really think that's the only way out."

"No. It drops into the, uh, basement on that side," Min-jae pointed to the right. "and there are exposed steel bars. No way we can jump."

"That side faces the school," said Ha-ri, gesturing to the left.

"There's no point in trying it," Mi-jin added. "The ground is filled with zombies, we'll die if we go down."

"There's a door on the first floor that leads to the mountain," Ha-ri informed. "We have to go that way."

"But it's full of zombies in there," Dae-su said. 

The birds chirped as Cheong-san pointed up to some metal scaffolding, "Can't we reach the roof if we use that and the windows? If someone goes to the roof and screams, the zombies will follow them. Then I'm pretty sure it'll empty out in there and the rest can escape."

"I think it can work," Su-hyeok agreed along with Minari and Cham-jo.

"No," On-jo said.

"If that's the only way--"

"I said no," On-jo enforced. "Please stop sacrificing yourselves."

"But, On-jo--" Cham-jo began, but was cut off by Hyo-ryeong.

"Yeah, I agree with you." Hyo-ryeong looked at them. "We said we'd all survive together."

"Me too," added Dae-su. "I feel the same."

"I'm with you guys too," Wu-jin agreed as Mi-jin sighed.

"Then we should wait for now," the girl said.

"Then what?" Minari said. "You got a plan?"

"Maybe if it rains again, they won't be able to hear us," Mi-jin suggested.

"Who knows when it's gonna rain?" Ha-ri shot back.

Mi-jin sighed and groaned, "Don't worry. My knees are throbbing. It's gonna rain soon. You'll see." They glanced up at the sky.

"It's way too clear."

"Hear that?" Nam-ra suddenly said.

"What is it, angel?" Minari asked.

"They're saying to take cover," Nam-ra turned to her and the others. 

"Who is?"

"We need to take cover. There will be explosions," Nam-ra said.

"What do you mean explosions?" Hyo-ryeong asked in fear.

"Are you sure about that?" Su-hyeok asked and Nam-ra zoned out.

"Hyosan intersection, Future College. . . " Nam-ra trailed off before gasping. "And also our school will be blown up."

"Hey, are those fucking soldiers gonna shoot missiles at us?" Wu-jin said angrily.

"When is it gonna happen?" Cham-jo asked her.

"I can't really tell," Nam-ra said. "They're just saying to evacuate right now."