seventeen

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"If we manage to reach the mountain, we can make it all the way to Yangdong." On-jo nodded once the group had created a form of shelter. "I've been hiking there a few times before with my dad."

Cheong-san came up with the idea of the group going to the mountains, and in order to get there in one piece, they'd have to move every time thunder happens.

"Even still, isn't this suicide?" Wu-jin sighed, looking over at the girl beside him. 

"I'm not going. I'm scared." Hyo-Ryeong stated. "What are we gonna do if the zombies catch us?"

"It's not like anyone is going to save on if we stay here. We're the only ones who can save ourselves." Cheong-san explained to the group, standing in front of them.

"Let's go." The boy preached. "If anything goes wrong, I'll scream and lead the zombies away. That way, none of you will get hurt, okay? So let's do this." 

"I'm in," Minari said, holding her katana. "Cham-jo?"

"Yep."

"Don't say that," Su-hyeok told the three. "We're all gonna make it."

"If anyone has to die tonight," Cheong-san said. "it will be me."

"Okay, main character," Cham-jo patted the boy's shoulder. "Personally, I think it's gonna be one of us gays that ma perish."

"How positive, Cham-jo, thank you so much," Minari thanked sarcastically.

"Because of the rain, all the scents came to me at once," Nam-ra said. "They got mixed up. The ran is really loud too. I'm sure the zombies' senses are dulled." She looked at Cheong-san.

"If that's what a half-bie says, it should be reliable," Dae-su said.

"What's a half-bie?"

"So handsome yet so stupid," Cham-jo groaned.

"A half zomb. . . someone you can rely on," Dae-su said. "You guys ready?" Cheong-san and Minari nodded as Cham-jo put a thumb up. "Nam-ra's strong. She'll keep up. Let's take her word and go."

"I'm not strong right now," Nam-ra stared down at her hands.

"Why not?" Ji-min questioned.

"I don't know."

"I think some of us might not be able to keep up the pace," Ji-min said. 

"We can't have anyone fall behind, let's pair up and hold hands," Cheong-san said. "For protection."

"Okay!" Dae-su held his hand out to Hyo-ryeong, who looked at it before turning to Ji-min and holding her hand to stand up.

Minari bent down, holding her hand out to Nam-ra, who gripped her hand as she helped her up. She let the tall girl kiss her hand, and the class president found herself feeling something warm in her stomach. Su-hyeok grabbed Cham-jo's hand as Dae-su turned to the boy with his hand out. "Wu-jin, let's go," Joon-yeong grabbed Wu-jin's hand and helped him up.

Cheong-san grabbed On-jo's hand, "Stay close behind. Let's survive tonight. We'll talk about us later."

Dae-su held his own hand, "Okay!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━