○Edmund~II○

(Well hello there, tis I. I haven't updated in a while but I am here to do so now. Before I continue I just want to say thank you for all the reads and votes! I really appreciate them! And I would love if you guys could throw some comments in there too. Again, thank you so much!:)

Five Minutes

When you offered to go to some of Edmund's meeting for him you had no idea it would turn out like this.

Edmund was always exhausted when he came in, sliding in bed without bothering to do so much as take his shoes off. He seemed grateful when you offered to go to some meetings in his place, but tried to quickly shut the idea down. He didn't want to put you into any unnecessarily uncomfortable situations. You persisted, hints where you are now, which lead to him eventually caving.

He split up his meetings, almost evenly, not wanting to dump too many promiscuous Dukes, air headed Lords, and ego-inflated royals on you. He gave you a stern warning not to let them get to you, placed a kiss on your head, and told you to meet him in your room during your break. Off you went, happy to help Edmund out in anyway you could.

The first couple meetings went well. So well, in fact, you thought that you were golden to fly through the rest of the day. As Edmund warned, this was not the case. The next two tested your sanity, pushing your patience to the limit. If not for Orious, or Edmund's reputation, bad things would have happened in that meeting room.

The reason you made it through was the five minute break you were to receive. You're not sure what Edmund would usually use this for, but you had an idea in mind and you were excited to see him. To hug him. To let him calm you down just by being there with you.

The moment the last Duke had left the room, with much pomp and circumstance, you were rushing down the hall, giggling all the while. Edmund had just come out of the bathroom when you burst through the door.

He looks up startled, his features slowly melting into a smile as you close the door, resting your back against it. "Well hello there."

"Hi,"

"Can I do something specific for you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, his arms crossing over his chest, playing as if he forgot he ordered you return back during your break.

"Hey, you're the one who called this meeting," you reply, raising your hands in mock surrender. "But yes, I need a hug, maybe a kiss, and as many snuggles as you can fit in five minutes." Edmund laughs and sits down on the bed, patting the spot next to him.

"Tell me what you've done so far today." he says, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Well I settled a dispute between two farmers," Edmund hums, eyes searching yours carefully.

"What else?"

"I helped draw up the plans for that bridge being built."

"Mhm,"

"Oh and I got the pleasure of meeting the Duke." Edmund tightens his grip on your waist, his thumb rubbing gentle circles on your hip, a low growl rumbling in his throat.

"And how did that go?"

"As great as you said it would." You sigh, leaning into his side.

"Mm, for that you deserve a kiss." You giggle softly, tilting your head up expectantly. Calm spreads through you at the touch of Edmund's lips, so gentle yet controlling.

"Can I get another because I meet one of those pompous Lords and I didn't do anything rash?"

"Of course, of course," he says replies, delighted to quickly fill your request. He lays down on the bed, pulling you with him. You lay your head on his chest, arms wrapping around his midsection.

"I don't want our five minutes to be up ever," you say softly.

"What if we left and just didn't come back?" Edmund asks, rubbing his hand gently up and down your back.

"I'm too scared your kingdom would burn down. King Edmund is kind of important."

"So are you," he points out, lifting his head to kiss the top of yours.

"I'll make do, you just focus on running a country."

"Have I ever told you that I love you?"

"Many times, but I don't mind hearing it again." An annoyingly loud knock summons a groan from the King.

"I guess our five minutes is up." He frowns. "I'll see you later though, yeah?"

"Yeah." With one last kiss and flirty wave you break out of his grip, taking your sweet time walking to the meeting room.