○Peter~III○

(I thought this was a really cute idea and I was excited about it. So here you go. Have some Mak Mak writing fluff while it storms. Contrary to other things, this is quite short...but enjoy it anyway and enjoy that picture of William being fascinated by confetti)

Wedding Bands

Peter hated that he was awake. More importantly he hated he was awake in a small bed with scratchy sheets that lacked his Y/n. Rather than waking to her curled up on his chest, or a soft kiss on his lips, his alarm clock jolts him from his slumber in no delicate way.

Lacing his fingers, he stretches his arms high above his head. Dropping the left into his lap, the right weaves its way through his hair to work out some of the knots.

His eyes trail down to where his left hand sits. His routine was specifically designed to help him slowly wake up, but noticing the absence of one special object that holds his heart drastically speeds up that process.

His stomach churns as he jumps out of bed, throwing back the covers. He searches frantically under each layer of blankets, in the floor, under his bed, until he finally finds it snuggled between his pillow and the case.

Slipping it on his finger, he breathes a sigh of relief, going on to get ready for his day.

He admires his find in the mirror as he brushes his teeth. His thoughts immediately turning to his beloved Y/n upon a quick glance. By far what hit him the hardest was leaving her. Time and time again he tried to get back to Narnia through the wardrobe. Each time ended the same way, with at least one, if not all, of his siblings desperately trying to calm him down as he pounded on the wood backing.

Day after day he thought about her. Day after day he longed for her. To hug her, to kiss her, even just to see her from a distance (though he knew if he caught a glimpse of her the desire to be with her would grow stronger).

His wedding band was all he had left of her.

Though his friends teased him about behind a hopeless romantic. Though his teacher's ridiculed him for his choices. And though other girls tried to imagine it was them who'd given him that ring, he wore it proudly.

It reminded him of his Y/n.

And until he saw her again, which he vowed he would, his wedding ring would forever be the sole source of his deepest longing.