The Pevensies~5/5

Edmund Pevensie

Edmund Pevensie doesn't make snap judgments. Whenever he does make judgments, they are well constructed and backed with evidence. He can't help it, it's the way his mind works after...her. He doesn't just trust anyone anymore.

Yet, for some reason, when it comes to Y/n he can't help his blatant jealousy. Specifically when it comes to her relationship with his eldest brother. Edmund knows he's the reason his relationship with Peter isn't as strong as it could be. It's considerably stronger than it was, but their rough patch characterized a relationship that is continually growing.

But Y/n, her relationship with Peter was close from the start. It was like she was attached to him at the hip. They became close unnaturally quickly and it put Edmund off.

It made him jealous.

He didn't like the way they laughed together. How quick they were to confide in each other. How whenever she's in trouble, she always looks to Peter. And he's not jealous because he's in love. He's jealous because he feels as though she's stealing his brother. That Peter will automatically choose her over his own flesh and blood. He's drawn to her and he places her on a pedestal. And now Edmund's own relationship with Peter that he desires to be strong, is under duress and close to breaking.

But it's his turn. It's his turn to see what memory Y/n has for his jealousy. For if she can unconsciously combat his darkest secrets. With a slightly cocky sigh, he takes her hand, waiting for the memory to show through.

And it does before long.

She's yelling out a name Edmund can't quite place. But his ears are the only upon which the name falls deaf. Her yell is drowned out by the clanging of metal, shouts of surprise and anguish, and the crackling of blazing fire ravaging a dining room. He can't exactly tell where she is, but it looks like a castle from the inside.

Sword clutched tightly in her hand - her knuckles turning white from a death grip - she hurriedly looks around. Edmund could see the panic in her eyes and watched as it made its way to the rest of her body. And right before she could completely succumb, a man - who seems to be the older, male version of her - runs up.

"Y/n! Why are you still standing here!" He barks, looking her up and down quickly. Edmund can see it in his eyes. He's not checking her out, he's making sure she's okay. He's done it many a time to his own sisters in order to check for injuries.

"I...I lost you. I couldn't find you." She says, her eyes searching his own. And then Edmund knows. It's her brother. An older brother. An older brother who would do anything for her younger sister. Much like himself. He'd do anything for his sisters, even if it meant his life. He grabs her hand, starting straight into her eyes.

"Do not lose me again." He draws his sword and pulls her down the hallway.

"Where are you going? The exit is that way!"

"That's only the exit for people who want to be chopped to bits." He replies, passively. He slows his run to a walk as he passes by a mural on the wall. Three steps past, he places his hand on the wall and gives it a gentle push. It creaks and groans, but it opens slowly, revealing a darkened secret passage.

Her brother grabs a torch off the wall and gestures to the passage. "Go. It'll take us into the woods and we will run from there." Shouts resound through the hallway, the stomping of boots echoing off the walls. "Go." He repeats, a hand pushing her through as gently as he can.