2 | the musical

Y/N WAS NEVER ONE to arrive early to school. She liked taking her sweet time on the way, reading a book or listening to music or doing anything but hurrying to school.

Today, however, Y/n was one of the first students to arrive at the school entrance at precisely 7:30 in the morning. Hina stood next to her, rubbing her eye and trying to shake off the sleep. Y/n had arrived at her door half an hour before they usually walked to school, ushering her to get ready so they can see which play the teacher had decided to do.

''Did we really have to come this early?'' asked Hina before she yawned. ''You could've checked half an hour later, too, you know?''

''I just couldn't sit still, sorry,'' Y/n said as one of he janitors finally unlocked the door, letting the few students waiting enter the school. Y/n dashed in, quickly slipping her shoes off and not even bothering to change into her indoor ones as she got close to the poster. This was it. This was the moment of truth.

HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: THE MUSICAL
DIRECTED BY: NAKAMURA RIO-SENSEI
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD ON APRIL 21ST AT 16:00 IN THE GYM
PREPARE A SONG OF YOUR CHOICE TO SING AT THE AUDITION
SEE TOU AT AUDITIONS, WILDCATS!

This was not what Y/n had expected. It wasn't even close. High School Musical was a relatively new movie - it's been less than a year since it came out. Nevertheless, it was a big TV hit and the songs were catchy. She enjoyed the movie and has watched it plenty of times herself.

Y/n just didn't expect the new drama teacher would want to do High School Musical on stage out of everything.

''Y/n, don't just throw your shoes like that!'' Hina scolded her as she approached her friend, holding her shoes. Her eyes fell on the poster, confusion written over her face. ''High School Musical? As in, the Disney movie?''

''Apparently.''

Hina looked at her friend. ''You sound disappointed.''

Y/n shook her head. ''No, no, that's not it! I'm just surprised, is all. This is just so new - drama teachers usually always choose very old plays and musicals. I'm liking the new teacher so far.''

Hina laughed. ''Can't wait to see you jumping around to We're All in this Together on stage.''

Y/n laughed before looking at Hina, the smile on her face remaining. Her idea was something Hina would probably say no to, but she had to try. ''Hina, how about you come to auditions with me?''

Hina's eyes went wide and she almost dropped Y/n's shoes. ''What? I can't act, that's your thing!''

Y/n nodded in agreement. ''Doesn't matter! You can act, you can also be background crew - your make-up skills are great! Please, it'll be so much fun!''

Hina thought for a moment, her lips pursed. She let out a sigh, handing her friend her shoes back. ''Fine. I'll think about it, but no promises. Okay?''

Y/n cheered, that answer enough for her for now. ''It's gonna be so much fun!''

''Yeah, yeah.'' Hina rolled her eyes. ''Now, c'mon, go put on your shoes before a teacher sees you barefoot.''

°•. .•°

Chifuyu and Takemichi arrived at school just a bit before the bell rang. The only students still around being the ones who were late, much like the two of them. Still, Chifuyu wasn't in a rush and Takemichi tried to stay calm as they were about to be late for class.

''Hey, they're doing High School Musical this year.'' Chifuyu looked up from his shoes, seeing the poster for the drama club.

High School Musical. Y/n loved that movie and has made Chifuyu watch it a few times, the two of them singing along with the songs after watching it for the third time. She must be happy the drama teacher had chosen that musical.