~Chapter 3~

I woke up earlier than expected, as I was constantly yawning, not wanting to get out of bed once again. But, this time, I wasn't gonna mess up anything. I wanted to show Mr Lee what I could be capable of doing as his secretary.

I knew I was ready, as I had read those files multiple times in the night, and by dint of having read, I had memorized it all. But, I had not slept much, thing we could easily notice due to my tired and sleepy eyes.

As I got up early, I had plenty of time to take a shower. I got in, and took my time. I was reciting everything I had learnt, just in case Mr Lee was to ask me about what I have read to check if I had completed my first work task. After reading those files, I knew everything about my boss, Mr Lee Sungho. From when he was born to his favorite dish. I even knew about his favorite colors and his hobbies.

I didn't think it was necessary for a simple secretary to know all this stuff, but it seemed like he wanted me to know what he wanted whenever he wanted it, without having to constantly ask him questions.

After my shower, with a towel wrapped around me, I went to my closet, looking inside of it and wondering what I could possibly wear. I wanted to look good today, and feel comfortable in what I was wearing.

After some time of reflection, I took out a black slim figure-hugging skirt that perfectly followed my curves, with a simple white blouse. I liked to believe that simplicity was the ultimate sophistication.

After getting ready, I looked at my phone, needing to check the time, not wanting to be late again as I would be directly fired after stepping foot in his office, as I had read that punctuality was something crucial to him. And, letting out a little squeal, I saw I was exactly one hour early.

Thank god!

I thought, happy of how early I managed to be and how fast I managed to get prepared.

The day had already started well. And I could feel how good it was going to go. I couldn't be bad today, I knew everything I had to do. Thanks to Minji, I knew I couldn't get lost again, and thanks to those files Mr Lee gave me, I knew everything I had to know. What could possibly go wrong ?

Leaving a note for Sumin on the table informing her I was leaving, as she was still asleep, I then got into my car, and soon arrived to the company.

- "You can do it Y/N! I know you can!" I muttered to myself, confident of today.

After entering the building, I quickly headed upstairs to Mr Lee's office, but something was strange :

Why is there no one in the building, and why is it so dark.

I thought, having a confused expression on my face, looking around hoping to see someone. But there was no one, not even the receptionist. But, taking out my phone, it was almost 9 am so ignored it for some reason, even if I thought that it was awfully strange. I so then went up to the 21st floor.

I was placed in front of Mr Lee's office, and after a deep breath, I opened the door.

This is it Y/N. You can do it! Mr Lee will see how good of a secretary I can be!

I thought to myself, with a little smirk on my face, feeling positive and assured that I was going to crush it. But, surprisingly, after being fully inside his office, I could spot nothing else but an empty chair. Where was he? Was he maybe late? No, that couldn't be it. Mr Lee was very serious about punctuality, and it was clearly stated in the files that he was here at 6 am every morning, him being here before anyone else in the whole company. What had happened then?

Maybe I entered the wrong office again.

I thought, but as I was about to leave, I turned once again, just in case, and noticed the name Mr Lee inscribed on a metal plaque on his desk. I was in the right place. I didn't understand a thing of what was happening, and wondered what was wrong once again.