~Chapter 17~

I woke up to the unpleasant sound of my alarm, indicating me that the weekend had passed very quickly, and that I had to get back to the tiring work that awaited me.

Mondays are really the worst...

I thought to myself, as I lazily got dressed, my eyes closed while doing so. Like every morning, I headed out with my car keys, saying goodbye to my sister, and grabbing a banana for me to eat on my way to the office.

Indeed, I had been doing that since the day I got accepted in the company, and it started to show, as I had got skinnier. I was quite concerned of my health,  and my sister must've noticed too. Actually, anyone could notice my slim form from any angle.

I should wake up earlier to eat...

I internally reminded myself, as I didn't want to starve like this everyday and end up in a serious condition that could seriously endanger my health.

As I entered Mr Park's office, waving at him like I had started doing for some time now, as we had gotten a bit closer working together all the time, he waved back, with a smile dancing on his lips.

His smile was truly the cutest, as his eyes would disappear when he would do so...ahhhhh, what am I saying, ew...stop Y/N, he's your boss.

As I got back to my senses, I approached him, excitedly asking him what I was to do in this beautiful day :

- "So, Mr Park! What so you have planned for me today!"

- "Hmmmm, let me see, first of all, let me ask you a simple question...have you eaten anything? Because I know you...you tend to skip breakfast..." As he asked me this question with a concerning gaze, I averted my eyes somewhere else.

- "Well, I did...I had a...uhmmm, a...banana on my way here..." I shyly responded, as I didn't want him to know that I hadn't eaten much.

- "And that's it..."

- "Well yes..."

- "I knew you would say that...that is why I bought this for you...Please don't skip breakfast again Ms Kim, I don't want you fainting in my office...so please. I don't care if you come late...well not too late...but take your time in the morning. Ok?"

- "Ok. Thank you."

As I bowed to thank him, I reached out for the small bag that was placed on his desk, slightly blushing at the caring move. He had bought me food and I hadn't even asked for it. Why would I anyway, he was my boss.

Just that small move had made my stomach get filled with little butterflies, a sensation I had rarely had, and to which I was oblivious. Even though it made me feel weird, I kind of liked it.

As I started opening the bag, I soon recognized the food that rested in it. It was...my favorite...but I hadn't eaten it in ages...donuts. I loved donuts when I was a kid, and I would always eat some with Jimin. He would mostly but them for me all the time because he especially knew I loved them more than my own life. But I had stopped eating them because they reminded me of him too much.

I looked back at Mr Park, working on his computer, his face similar to Jimin's, and his aura...it was as if someone was trying to bring back my happiness. It felt like all these signs these past weeks were trying to persuade me that he was actually Jimin. But I knew it wasn't true, and I didn't want it to be. I didn't want to see nor face him anymore.