Chapter 5: The Rose and The Thorn

Fillip's POV:

"Do you ever-"

"No."

Really, like-"

"'No."

"Why can't I-"

"Because I already told you to stay silent."

"You're literally trapping me here. Why would I be?"

"Maybe I wasn't very clear with my words; don't defy me; maybe I should show you what it means in the basement, yeah?"

"The fuuu—no thank you."

"You're welcome. Shut up," I said, giving Fleur a mocking smile.

She was truly getting on my nerves. Not just because of her constant attempts at starting small talk, which I must admit was admirable, but also everything she has done tonight.

When I was standing on the terrace and watching the party going on on the pool and I heard her laugh, it was something so out of this world. Like this sound was not made for mere mortals to hear, like I was not worthy of it, and when I looked over to where this voice was coming from and it was from her, because she was dancing with Stephan. His hands dipping her down methodically and then pulling her back up. Her hands all over him. I snapped.

I was so close to pulling out my gun to shoot him right then and there, but that would have done me no good. Having to deal with his father.

Instead, I walked down the stairs on the pool just to get his hands off her. Then, she started to protest which angered me even more. Who was she to even protest against my decision, and because of Stephan? That was just the icing on the cake. It took every last bit of self control within me not to punch Stephan before he walked away like the coward he was the moment he sensed danger.

Right now Fleur was sat on the couch in my office, her head laid back on the wall and she was still in that fucking white dress. That corset that defined her body like it was tailored for her torso was killing me, I wanted nothing more than to rip it off. Then she had her entire chest and neck shining under the soft lights of the office from sweating a little. It was not even hot here, it was because of all the drinks she had at the party. It killed me even more that so many people got to see her in that dress before I did. And they shouldn't even have seen her in it.

I got more furious every time I took a look at her and had that reminder thrown in my face. That's when she started talking not even ten minutes after I last told her to stop, I almost lost it.

"I don't-"

"Shut the fuck-" I stopped her, then stopped myself. Her head was lolling backward while her hand rested on her stomach. She didn't look too good. I stood up and grabbed the trash can beside my desk. I waited for a beat beside the couch, and just as she surged forward, I was already beside her on the floor, with one hand holding the trash can and the other holding her head.

"Damn it. Leo, Christian," I called for my men, whichever of them is standing outside. They came in immediately, looking at Fleur in concern when they saw her stance.

"Call Sebastian to my room." I told them. Leo was already out of the room, but obviously Chris had to stand there. He raised an eyebrow.

"Your room?" He was skeptical.

"Go." My voice surely made it clear because he left after it.

I turned my head back, looking at an extremely exhausted Fleur. If it weren't for my hand holding her head in place, I'm sure her head would have fallen already. Her breath became heavier, and so did her whimpers.