chapter 14: We Were Both Wrong

Alright guys I'd like you to kinda listen to two songs through the whole chapter this one right there while reading Fleur's POV, and the other which is (save your tears) while reading Fillip's I will remind you when we switch POVs anyway. If you don't want to it's completely up to you as always lmfao👍

Fleur's POV:

It's been a whole week since I've actually talked to Fillip. He barely comes down for food and does not want me to serve him anymore, so Nina brings his food to the office. Fillip is busy, which is why we don't see him. At least that is what Nina says; he has work.

Well, we have been avoiding each other, haven't we? I am pretty sure of It. I mean, the man just gave me the best kiss of my entire life, and I stopped him from going further. How I feel about that, I don't know.

I can't even talk to Fillip anymore; I can't face him. I was never like that; I needed to face him as much as possible and make him hate me, which worked with every other person Alberto has ever thrown at me. Just not him, and I can't understand why. I can't understand him.

I wanted to run away, and I still do. I still have faith that maybe I will find my sister. I couldn't do it alone, though. I know it, but maybe he could help me. I have been thinking about it for a long time now. Men like him; they use you, but he doesn't. He gave me a reason to stay, and I hate him for it. It's like he's tearing me apart, and I don't know what to do about it. Today I decided I would finally talk to him for the first time in a week. You can't keep running away, can you? I had to face him anyway. I don't really care that I'm asking him for a favour; I mean, at least I am going to try and talk to him. Not him, though; we kiss once, and it's as if I had told him I was pregnant.

"Where are you going?" Nina asked me as she prepared Fillip's coffee tray that she served him every day at about 12 p.m.

"I'm going to talk to Fillip; got a problem?" I asked innocently, shrugging.

"Not at all." Nina winked, going back to whatever Agnes assigned her to do. When I got shot in the leg, Fillip did not allow me to work, and when we got back from LA, Agnes insisted I work. The bitch honestly. Fillip agreed with her just to get her away from him, so now I just serve the table three times a day. No garden work or anything Agnes decides to throw at me. I think it was because Fillip told her to go easy on me; either that or she suddenly grew conscious, which I probably don't think she did, so it's the former.

I knock on the door when I arrive at his office, expecting an answer. He's supposedly there at this time. He usually goes out at night. I guess men like him only work at that time. Instead, I hear muffled voices from the inside, but I cannot really make anything out since the door is made of thick, rich wood. I just assume that he's with Leo or Christian working, so I just open the door. I froze.

He was kissing another woman.

His hands were moving around her body like they did mine; her body was trapped between him and the wall as his back was facing me. "You taste fabulous."

I can't breathe. I need to get the hell out of here.

Thank goodness they didn't notice me as I left. I rush back to the kitchen, feeling disoriented. I feel like I want to throw up. He told her she...what he told me, the way he did with me, touched her like he did with me. I felt tears fighting to drop from my eyes, but I couldn't, not now. While rushing back to the kitchen, I bumped into a hard body, definitely not Nina.

"Fleur, are you okay?" Leo's gentle tone asked, and his hand held my shoulder. "Where are you coming from?" he added as he looked behind my back. A single 'oh' left his mouth as he probably realised I saw Fillip with that woman.