Chapter 25:Waiting

(not edited)

Fleur's POV:

It's been two weeks since me and Mia were taken away. I do not count, but Mia does. I don't know how to tell her that counting the days won't make it any better. If anything, it makes it worse. Terribly worse. Waiting, numbering the hours you spend locked with your own filth. I learned that the hard way, but I do not have the heart to tell a young girl that 'counting the days till daddy comes saves her' is only going to make the process of waiting more morbid. More breaking.

I don't even know if Fillip will be coming to get us. There is no doubt that he's searching, but would he find us? There is indeed no doubt that he has more power than Alberto, but Alberto is messed up in the head. He is a truly sick person. If Alberto had to fly us halfway through the world to hide us from Fillip, he would do it.

I have no idea how he got Mia from inside there, but he did, so again, one can't underestimate how far Alberto would go to take revenge on Fillip. And for what he wants that revenge, I would not know.

Things, unlike the six years I spent with Alberto, have been quiet. Indeed, his men tried to take Mia away from me one week into this terrible prison sentence, but I would not let them. I would have Alberto send me to a thousand houses before he tried and touched Mia.

It's not even about Fillip. It is about the fact that she is a child. She does not deserve to see the horrors of this world, not like that, and if it meant I had to see them for her, if it meant I had to go through the past six years again, I would.

For my 'punishment' for not letting Alberto's men take Mia, he had them hit me instead. For how long, I would not have known. Until I was coughing blood and until I couldn't keep my eyes open from the exhaustion; but then again, I slept with Mia hugging, so the pin didn't really matter. At least not until the next morning.

That still didn't matter, though; all I cared about was Mia. I have been through worse than this already, but whenever I ask her how she is doing, she doesn't look at me. She would look at the walls where she was scraping the days that we spent here with a piece of glass she found on the floor. She would keep staring at it, and her voice would break while she said, 'Daddy will come soon. I know"

Only 8, but already much like her father in resilience. Fillip would barely show weakness, even to me. She was just the same. She even tried to kick one of Alberto's men in the leg when she'd heard and seen enough of them hitting me. I pulled her back last second, making her fall on the floor before that vile man had a chance to land his hand on her pretty little face.

She would cry at night, praying—a habit I do not think she acquired from her father—asking God to let her out of there. To see her grandma, Aunt Nina, and Fillip one more time. She would break my own heart, but I could not cry as well. Not from the pain, not from the desperation, because if she was already crying while I had my strongest look on, how would she react if she saw me break as well?

****

A/N: Short chapter I know guys, but that's because there is more to come, hopefully as soon as possible.

Please don't forget to leave a comment or vote as they really help.