Chapter 9: Restless

A/N:  Sorry for it being in the beginning, but just a disclaimer this chapter may contain violence so if you get uncomfortable skip through that part. It's Fleur's nightmare so skip the italic font part. For anyone who reads, I have never written something like that before. Also, I'm no expert in medical stuff.

Gonna switch between fillip and Fleur's pov a bit in this chapter too.

Fleur's POV:

It's always dark in here. Nothing changed, yeah! Still, the same me gets into trouble. Then I am thrown into a cell. Yet, this time, I feel something because of it. I can't put my hand on it. I used to love it when I pissed Alberto off—not when he would throw me in a cell, but when I'd see him angry. A small price to pay for taking my life away from me.

Now, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret trying to run away. Not at all. I couldn't have lived with myself regretting not even giving it a try. I got so angry with Alberto when he put me in a cell, but now it's not anger at Fillip. Something else, something I really can't put my hand on, which is even more annoying.

I keep dozing off every once in a while, then I wake up from a nightmare, thanks to the darkness and the smell of blood that seems to be chasing me everywhere I go. I also have no idea how long I have been in here—maybe two days or more. I do know they bring me water every, like, 6 hours or so, just to keep me surviving as Fillip ordered. Just to keep the torture going, he meant.

I'd also heard Nina shouting a few times outside, trying to get in, but the guards wouldn't let her. Honestly, it brought a smile to my face. No one has been here for me since...ever. It made me feel like this world still has some good in it, even this shitty one I'm stuck in.

It was time for water, yay! I should go beg for Fillip's forgiveness now that he's giving me the smallest life necessities. He wishes. "What time is it?" I try, with a hoarse throat, for maybe the 10th time, to talk with the guard that brings me the water, but he never answers me. I took my time, savouring the water as it went down my scratchy throat. I threw the plastic cup at the door as hard as I could just to spite the man standing out there, but even with that, I couldn't do well with no food, water, or proper sleep. Then I try to go back to sleep again, hoping I will actually succeed. I don't, though, because how can I? I am reminded of Alberto with every breath I take. The scars on my back keep pounding heavily, and I try to shift a couple of times to make my back more comfortable. It never became comfortable enough though. There's no peace for people like me. And to think I had hoped... How stupid.

Instead, I feel huge, gentle, warm arms wrapping around my body. I think maybe that's it; maybe they will finally do something to put me out of my misery, but I don't stay awake long enough to know that.

———————————————————————————————

Fillip's POV:

My mind is a wreck, and so is the punching bag that I haven't stopped punching since this morning. I can't stop thinking about her, and it's not helping. Having her picture engraved in the core of my subconscious. Scarlet bandages wrapped around her arms. That's when I start to see red, the same colour as the bandages, and the more I do, the harder my hits get, the faster they come, and the shallower my breath becomes.

I don't even notice when Christian and Leo enter the gym; one of their hands on my shoulder snaps me out of my rage-filled daze. I turn around, almost getting Christian in the face.

"Woah, woah, man. Calm down," he says, holding my hand in midair.

"What do you want?" I ask between quick breaths.