Chapter 6: Hope

Fleur's POV:

A soft breeze seeping through the windows teased my face and woke me up. My eyes opened, and I realized this wasn't my room. I panicked for a second, then remembered what happened last night. I finally saw what the room looked like. It was dark last night, and I was drunk; I couldn't make anything out.

Covered in silk white and smothering black velvet curtains, large floor-to-ceiling windows took up a big part of the wall. Fillip's furniture was made of elegant-looking dark oak and mahogany, and somehow the excessive black in the room didn't make it look as gloomy or intimidating as I thought it would; rather, it made it look more elegant.

Something totally out of place caught my attention, and I kept staring at it, trying to make out what it was, but I couldn't. It was a scarlet, wine-coloured piece of clothing, and I still had no idea what it was. It was lying on the jacket holder, a gem between coals, glowing between his black and grey clothes.

Fillip was nowhere to be seen, but I sure heard some noise coming out of what I assumed was the bathroom. I didn't know the time, but I could tell it was early, for the sun was still shying away behind the clouds. Spotting a digital alarm clock on the bedside table, I sat up, trying to take a good look at it, but what good did that do since I felt a pang of pain pulse in my head and I knew I'd have the worst headache and hangover there could ever be?

Just then, the bathroom door opened, and Fillip came out of the bathroom in all his naked glory. Well, not really naked; he had pants on with no shirt. Still glorious if you asked me, and that thought was really concerning—maybe I was still drunk. His tanned skin was even shinier because of the water droplets sliding effortlessly down his abdomen. It wasn't a six-pack; it was more of an eight-pack with a v-shape that continued to be sculptured beyond his black suit pants. If he did not have that belt on, I could have seen how it looked beyond...no.

Fillip didn't notice I was up and staring at him as he walked over to his wardrobe and started fishing in there for the rest of his outfit, which was, to my surprise, a white shirt, though he loved black so much. When he turned around, I was still too stunned to look away, and when I looked back at him, he had that smirk on his face while he watched me watch him. I must have looked like a pervert from the way I was gawking.

"What are you so happy about?" I snapped, hoping my face wasn't turning crimson right now.

He chuckled under his breath, answering "nothing" as he made his way to the hanging rack, pulling his black jacket over his shoulders.

"Didn't someone tell you it is rude to stare, Fleur?" He wasn't even looking at me while saying that, yet my stomach was getting unsettled, and there was something about the way he'd say my name. Slip it from his lips like molasses in a way that was full of seduction, and it would have worked if I were not in a situation where I wanted to run as far as humanly possible away from this hell hole.

"And didn't someone tell you, you are an arrogant a-"

"Arrogant what? Fleur, continue, please." He cut me off, turning to glare at me, and when I didn't continue what I was about to say, he turned back around, saying, "Yeah, I thought so." 

Such an arrogant asshole he is; I'm pretty sure he knew that's what I was going to say.

"I'm leaving," he announced.

"What are you, my husband?" I didn't mean for it to be said out loud. Fillip stopped midway, turned, and looked at me in his bed. For a second, I thought he'd lash out, but instead he smiled, rubbing his face, and then he spoke.

"See, Fleur, I'm still at my word that things won't be that easy with you when you're not sick anymore, and since it was in my intention to give you the day off today, I won't do anything but watch it with me because you're getting on my nerves. You have been since yesterday."