Read My Mind (Prologue)

I never really gave up on,
Breakin' out of this two-star town.
I got the green light, I got a little fight,
I'm gonna turn this thing around,
Can you read my mind?

~~~

June 13th, 10 am.

"Fuck off." Craig's statement- which some people may consider a threat- was followed by a middle finger and a grunt from his, now, previous boss.

The man was not getting younger. He didn't want to spend his sweet twenties working at some idiotic, filled with assholes, depressing office, most of his days. So he did the obvious, and quit working there.

He sighed against the big, closing doors behind him, and pulled out his phone. His DMs and Whatsapp were flooding with texts from everyone he possibly knows. You name it: his parents, his sister, his friends, his boyfriend, anyone, really.

Was he going to bother replying to them? Absolutely not.

As he walked down the oh-so familiar street, the events from that morning replayed on the back of his mind.

~~~

June 13th, 8:10 am.

"You still haven't apologized to Tweek?!" Thomas Tucker yelled at his son, as the black haired man combed his hair. He hasn't showered in at least 3 days with everything that's been going on lately. Sometimes he wonders what his past self would've thought of his present self. His hair was still styled the same way as when he was 10, but he was letting a soft beard grow on his jawline and chin. It looked good on him, honestly. He's grown to be taller than his own dad, which would make his past self proud. But his life was currently a mess. Work was everything but pleasant; him and his boyfriend, Tweek, had gotten into a fight recently; and to worsen it all, he had just found out that the priest, who him and Tweek had asked to run their wedding ceremony, had just passed away from "unknown causes".

After their fight, the two of them have barely talked to each other, so he doesn't know how he's gonna tell his fiancé that they had to look for a new priest, while still trying to make things okay between them. Their fight wasn't serious, and they know it. Not a reason to cancel their wedding. But enough reason to make them understand how much they love each other. Couples fight about silly things. It's just part of sharing something as precious as love.

Today, he had woken up to the news of the priest's death, and his day had been ruined from there. Last night, he went to sleep thinking about quitting his job, so he took these news as a sign. He figured that life is something that can be both amazing, and a bitch. You never know when it will end. So "Carpe Diem", right? Why should he work at a place where nobody respects him, and he's not enjoying his days? He figured he might as well quit and look for something new. He didn't dare to tell his plans to his parents just yet. After he officially quits, he will tell them. He hadn't told anybody about the priest's death either. He wanted to talk to Tweek first.

"No, dad. But look on the bright side! I'm not dead!" He replied coldly, leaving the bathroom.

Thomas was dumbfounded. It's been 3 days. Tweek and Craig were never mad at each other for that long! He just scoffed to the side and let his son through.