Twenty Five - I Don't Want To Go

//Austin's POV//

As I'm about to confess to Becky about my feelings for her and basically just spill everything out, someone tugs at my collar and pulls me away. What the heck? I try to turn my head to see who the person pulling me away is so I can start swinging but I barely get my head past.

"Dude, what the heck? Let me go!" I start struggling but he doesn't let up.

"Austin, you were going to be late for your flight if I didn't drag you away. Now come on, stop squirming." I match the familiar voice with a face in my head. Michael. I obey and stop flailing around like a fish out of water.

"Thank you." I wait for him to let go but he doesn't.

"Um Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you could let me go now?"

"Oh right, sorry." The pressure around my neck decreases as the collar of my shirt rests back into its place. I rub my neck to ease the pain and roll my shoulders to ease the tension around there as well.

"Mike, wait. I need to tell Becky something and it's really important."

"Sorry, no can do buddy. Rocco's already at the gate and if we don't go now, the flight attendant isn't going to let us on."

"But-"

"No Austin." Mike speeds up ahead of me and I'm forced to follow behind like an obedient puppy. I look up and see Rocco, worry creasing his forehead. He sees Mike then looks to see me, a large grin of relief plastered onto his face.

"There you guys are! I was seriously beginning to worry. You came just in time. They were about to close the gate. Come on." Rocco gives his ticket to the lady, while me and Mike follow suit. We walk down the long corridor toward the entrance of the plane. As we're walking I start thinking to myself. Is this really what I want? Would I rather spend these months working on music, which is my life, with people who I barely know? Or spend these months without my family and friends? Without Becky? As I ponder over my thoughts again and again, I start to realise that I'd rather stay here than go with these guys to the other side of the country without anyone I know.

"Hey um Rocco?" I rush up to catch up with him and tap him on the shoulder. He brushes me off while saying, "Hang on a sec buddy. Just wait until we get onto the plane."

"But it's urgent Rocco." He slows down a bit, then stops.

"Make it quick Austin." He waits for me to start talking so I do.

"O...okay. I was thinking about everything that has happened throughout these past couple of months and well..." I hesitate not knowing exactly what I want to say and how I'm supposed to say it. Should I be blunt? Or just full on cryptic?

"Well what?" Mike butts in. I take a deep breath and just let it out.

"I don't want to go anymore." I shut my eyes tight waiting for all the commotion and shouting and what-not but nothing comes. I slowly open my eyes to see what was going on. Rocco stands in front of me absolutely gob smacked. The same with Michael. They just stand in front of me with their jaws hanging open, basically touching the ground. Um alright then? After a few seconds of flat out awkward staring, they shake their heads recovering from... whatever the hell they were doing.

"Y-you what?" Rocco stutters.

"I don't... want to um go... anymore?" I talk slowly not knowing how Rocco or Mike is going to react. Rocco and Mike shake their heads simultaneously obviously still shocked. They're about to say something when a voice booms out from a loud speaker.