5| Defeating Palkia

Yin's POV 🌺

Looking over at the pasture lady, I walked over to her and asked if I could go in the pasture for a moment, even though I probably know only the Agriculture corp members are allowed to go in.

Nodding in response and understanding, she letted me enter the pasture before closing the gate behind me, as I walked over to Phobos and pulled him into a hug.

Looking at him, I could see his face a lot more better than earlier, but the tears in his eyes were still there.

Silence filled the air for a moment before I felt Phobos hug me back, as he started crying.

In response, I continued hugging him as I rubbed his back soothingly, trying my best to comfort the giant hisuian Zoroark, that's sitting on the ground, and looming over right in front of me.

For a few minutes, we remained hugging each other until Phobos stopped crying and I wiped the tears away from his eyes for him.

Then I rested my forehead against his for a moment.

"Phobos? What I'm actually trying to say is...I'm sorry for your loss. I really am.

But, just know you're not the only one who feels the heavy weight and pain over losing someone that you love and care about so much." I say as I looked at him.

"Humanity loses their loved ones every single day. Whenever it's a natural cause, a health problem, an accident, war, or even a murder...

Like pokémon, most of us are not immortal. And we all know that, despite it being the sad truth for us. But, the only thing we can do is treasure all the good memories we have, even before the darkest part of our lives come."

Then I smiled a bit as Phobos looked at me in return.

"You're right about that. The only ones who are immortal are the legendaries and I suppose the mythical pokémon as well, like the lake guardians for example. Even Arceus is one of them, since it created everything all by itself." He says.

"But, before you leave, can I say something?"

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for the way I behaved and treated you. I still couldn't process the loss over my mate and one of my daughters.

And secondly, don't die out there when you go up against Palkia, you idiot." Phobos went as he looked the other way, a light blush seen across his face.

"Heh...It's okay, you tsundere." I joked a bit before laughing.

"After this has been taken care of, how about I treat you and your siblings to something nice, hm? Would you like that?"

"Sure, I guess." He replied.

"Alright...I'll see you later then." I chuckled as I booped him on the nose, before I got off and gave him a handful of Oran, Sitrus, and some Nanab berries.

Then I left the pasture and thanked the lady before leaving the village and heading my way to the summit camp up at Mount Coronet.

Phobos' POV 🥀

After watching Yin leave the village, all I could do was silently pray to Arceus that she'll be safe and sound, while coming back alive.

Battling a frenzied pokémon is dangerous whenever it's a noble or not, but, it's even more dangerous when battling a legendary pokémon that's in a frenzy.

Looking over at the berries Yin gave me, I picked up one of the Oran berries and started to eat it, since I started to feel a little hungry.

After I ate for a bit, I looked up and stared at the distorted red sky for a moment, thinking about my deceased spouse.