17| Recalled Trauma

Nightmare's POV 🌙

After seeing this nice, little father and daughter reunion Phobos and Shokou both had, I happened to notice Phobos was looking at me from the corner of his eye for a moment, silently asking if it really was okay to be reunited with his daughter, after everything that's happened to them in their dark pasts.

In response I nodded my head, before seeing him smile at me, as he got my message while looking back over at his daughter.

When I looked over at Yin to check how things are with her, I noticed she was just standing there, not moving a single muscle.

Like a Sudowoodo.

Looking over at her face, I immediately noticed she seemed to be petrified with fear, as an empty, listless look was seen in her eyes, even though she wasn't looking at anyone or anything.

"Yin? What's wrong?" I asked as I rested a hand on her shoulder.

In response, she suddenly flinched a little before jerking her shoulder away from my hand and clutching both sides of her head with her hands.

"Yin?!" I went, startled a little by her sudden action, while she fell to the ground and on her knees.

Getting a better look, I noticed she was trembling uncontrollably when she stared at the ground next, tears appearing in her eyes and running down to her cheeks before falling from her chin and to the ground.

Seeing this and the look on her face immediately gave me the major hint within less than a few seconds...

Traumatized.

But, of what or who?

"Stop.....Stop it.....Please....." I heard her say silently, the tears in her eyes still appearing and running down to the sides of her face.

Hearing that made me worried.

She looked lost...

Distressed...

Broken...

Helpless...

Afraid...

...And in really bad emotional pain.

"Leave me alone...just go away..." She continued. "I don't want to hear it...that cruel laughter...or even see those eerie smiles and horrible illusions...."

Not sure what to do, I got down to Yin's level and pulled her into a tight hug, trying to reassure her that everything's okay and that Luna, Phobos and I are always here with her.

She only stiffened a little in response before hugging me back tightly, as she broke down into tears and buried her face into my shoulder.

Looking at her, I rested my head against hers as she silently wept, before rubbing her back soothingly, just like how she did it to me before.

I've never seen her like this at all...It was almost very unlikely for me and my siblings to witness a fearless and confident human girl like her, to suddenly become the opposite of herself and her own personality...

Let alone, feel so terrified and traumatized at the same time.

Just by seeing this kind of reaction not only made me feel overprotective but concerned on who or what triggered this side and kind of reaction from Yin.

If it's another human or pokémon that gave her this, then I'd have no hesitation in tormenting them to death with illusions, just like how Shokou did to Melli.

But, if it's something else, then I'd figure out another way to do something about it.

"It's okay, Yin...It's okay..." I could only say as I looked at her, while I kept her real close to me.