19| The Place Of Mysteries

Shokou's POV

"I can tell, just by looking at him." Okami replies as he nodded.

"Yeah..." I went. "I've seen it with my own eyes, and immediately decided to behave myself around him since that day."

Before Okami could say anything, I suddenly felt my dad set me back down on the ground gently and pull me into a hug, while looking over at me.

"Dad, what - - " I began.

"I'm sorry..." He says, which immediately caught me off guard.

"For what? You didn't do anything wrong..." I asked.

"For scaring you into behaving yourself around me, ever since the day of your mother and sister's death...I had no idea and I didn't mean it."

"Dad, it's okay. I was only a clueless child and didn't realize anything at that time." I replied as I hugged him back in return.

"You were only just protecting me from getting killed, even though I understand how you felt now, after mom and sis were killed."

"But - - " He began before I lifted a hand up, interrupting him.

"But nothing! If you were a bad parent, I wouldn't have been alive and you wouldn't have cared about mom and sis either. Sure, I did feel afraid of you after what happened, but you also taught me a lesson too.

Violence doesn't resolve anything...And you also taught me that you should always stay by you loving families' side and help each other out no matter what, even when you become an adult and get married, until the day they die."

"Shokou..." My dad went as his ears flattened a little while his gaze softened.

"You're a good dad, and you know it! And I don't want you to change anything from who you are today."

After I said that, he pulled me into another hug, as tears appeared in his eyes a little.

"Thank you so much...I'm so glad to be blessed by Arceus to have a daughter like you." He says as I hugged him back again.

"You're welcome. Just know there's really nothing wrong in being a parent." I replied before burying my face into his fur.

"You were only doing what you felt was right for us, even though it's in the wrong, and I respect that. If I had two children of my own with Okami, I would've reacted the same way as well."

Just after I said that, I noticed Okami blush heavily a little before he quickly looked away from me.

I smirked a little at that reaction, knowing he was thinking kinky thoughts in his head along with wanting to start a family with me, down the line, once we get married when the day comes.

"I'll talk about it with you later..." I silently mouthed at him, giving Okami the message, before looking back at my father.

"I know you would. You're like me and your mother...Kind and understanding, but at the same time, you got a scary temper like mine." My father mentioned as he chuckled a tiny bit, before giving me a head pat.

"Yeah. Now, let's continue our way to the Mirelands camp, before this continues on or Yin will start to wonder what's taking us so long..." I replied as I hugged him one more time before parting.

Then we resumed heading our way to the Mirelands camp.

Yin's POV 🌺

By the time we showed up at the Mirelands camp, Nightmare and I just hung out in the tent with Luna for a little bit, while we waited on Shokou, Okami, and Phobos to arrive.