24| New Members: Lucky And Artemis

Luna's POV 💫

Looking over at the shiny zoroark Phobos rescued, thanks to Yin, I could tell his injuries were pretty bad after the shiny zorua had told me what happened, once I requested Yin to set me down next to the shiny zorua.

But, when I asked the shiny zorua what their name is, they told me that they and their brother didn't have any names since birth.

After they said that, me and Yin were shocked and surprised.

"What!? Your parents didn't even bother giving you two names!?" Yin says in disbelief.

"Afraid so..." The shiny zorua replies before shaking its head sadly.

"I could only guess that they did have names for us at one point, but, when we were born, they changed their minds and turned away from us without giving us any names because we were...different.

They were probably hoping that me and my brother would be born red and white, like any normal hisuian zorua and zoroark. Not blue or purple and white, with dark grey."

"Then how about we give you and your brother a name, when he gets better?" I suggested.

"I like that idea. Then I'd know if you both like your names or not." Yin mentions as she smiled and nodded her head.

"Okay..." The shiny zorua says before smiling a tiny bit in return as they nodded their head in agreement too.

"But, are you a boy or a girl? I need to know, so I don't give you a name that's the opposite of your gender by accident." Yin asked while she sweat dropped a little.

"I'm a girl." The zorua answered simply while giggling a little bit.

"Why you...You did this just to trick me like the mischievous little fox that you are, huh?" Yin says before giving the shiny zorua a noogie.

"I chose not to say anything, just to leave you and the others guessing." The zorua giggled again.

In response, I laughed a little, knowing the shiny zorua well in what she meant, while Yin continued to noogie her for a little bit before letting go of her.

After what felt like an hour had passed, the injuries on the shiny zoroark were fully healed and he woke up.

"Sis?" He went after turning to look at the shiny zorua for a moment.

In response, the shiny zorua leaped out of Yin's arms and landed on the bed before she got on top of and buried her face in her brother's chest.

In response, the shiny zoroark smiled and reached over before petting his sister on the head gently.

"Hey, glad to see you're awake and okay..." I mention before smiling.

"Yeah! If one of the nurses hadn't used the Full Restore medicine on you, who know what would've happened? On the bright side, we're happy you're safe too." Yin adds, while she smiled and sweat dropped a little, knowing what she said sounded terrible.

"Yes...Thank you both so much. And for watching over my sister too." The shiny zoroark replied as he smiled a bit.

"You're welcome. I heard you both don't have names?" Yin says.

"Unfortunately, that is true, as you already know from my sister."

"We've actually talked about giving you and your sister a name, and allowing you two to decide whenever or not if you like it." I mentioned as I looked at the zoroark.

"Cool." The zoroark replied as he smiled.

"So, how about Lucky and Artemis? Lucky, because I think it was good luck that you and your sister were found, and Artemis for your sister, because we found you two at night..." Yin suggested.

"I like that name!" The shiny zorua says as she smiled. "Artemis is a good one!"

"What about you?" I asked as I looked at the shiny zoroark. "Do you like your name?"

In response, the zoroark smiled and nodded his head.

"I do, even though I don't know what's so lucky about me." He answered.

"Aside from meeting us and just being a shiny zoroark, I think I somewhat know what's so lucky about you..." Yin mentions.

"You're special and unique as much as your sister is. Plus, you're both not alone and seem to get along with each other very well."

After hearing that, the zoroark smiled again, agreeing with her on that too.

"So, you two are fine with the names Lucky and Artemis?" I asked.

"Yeah! Mine sounds so pretty!" The zorua says as she smiled happily.

"Same here, only without the pretty part." The zoroark replied.

"Alright, those are officially your names!" Yin responded as she chuckled.

"Now that that's done, can I ask you something?" Lucky mentions as he looked at Yin.

"Sure! What is it?"

"Can we go with you?" He asked.

When we heard that, me and Yin were surprised.

"By 'go with' you mean...?" Yin started.

"Yeah...Artemis and I want to be a part of your team."

Yin's POV 🌺

After I heard that, I immediately started screaming in joy on the inside, even though I was speechless on the outside.

"OH MY ARCEUS! MY FIRST TWO SHINY POKÉMON!?!? NO FREAKING WAY!!!" I thought to myself in my head.

Sighing before restraining myself a little from squealing in excitement and without any hesitation, I took out two pokéballs and held them out.

Then I lightly tapped Lucky by the forehead with one, while I tossed the other one in the air, making Artemis jump and hit her head against it, before being taken in.

Once both of them were in their pokéballs, it shook a little for a moment before shooting a firework up, confirming that I caught them successfully without a problem.

Thrilled to bits, I letted Artemis and Lucky out before hugging them.

"Thank you both so much..." I say after parting the hug and looking at them.

"You're welcome. Call it our way of gratitude and our way to return the favor for helping us." Lucky replies as he smiled.

"If that's the case, then, this is the best way to do that." I chuckled before giving him and Artemis head pats.