16| Reunion

Yin's POV 🌺

As we walked, I sighed at little before taking out and looking over at the pokéball that contained Phobos inside.

Looking back, Phobos had a small worried look on his face, showing a bit of concern about me too.

"When you were raising your daughter, did you know or learned anything about humans being turned into pokémon and reverting back to normal by daylight, Phobos?" I asked.

"From your experience of being a father, I mean?"

In response, he nodded his head a little.

"I see..." I went. "You'll have to tell me more, when I get the chance to let you out."

Then I putted him away before looking up, once we returned and met up with Shokou and Okami again.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

As I got myself ready, Shokou pulled out her flute and played a different melody that was short and simple this time, but also a bit spooky sounding and onimous as well, before putting it away.

Right on cue, two Zoruas showed up and got themselves ready to battle beside Okami, as they made their pokémon cry, even though I understood what they're saying.

"Let's see how much you've bonded..." She says before smiling.

Just by seeing her smile, I started to feel a bit hesitant about this battle, but Nightmare reassured me that it'll be okay.

"Thanks, Night..." I say as I smiled a little in response.

- - -

After I took down the Zoruas, which were surprisingly strong as Nightmare is, I looked over at Okami, ready to give Nightmare the word.

"Interesting. You took down two of my Zoruas, yet they shared the same strength your Nightmare has..." Shokou mentions as she looks directly at me in the eyes.

"Even though I can easily tell you didn't want to fight the Zoruas because of how cute they are, you still managed to get yourself together and defeat them."

"Don't listen to her, Yin. She's trying to get in your head and break you to the point where you'll give up on the battle...Just focus." I thought to myself as I diverted my attention back to Okami.

But, I couldn't ignore the fact that Nightmare's health was low either.

"Okami, use Dark Pulse."

Without thinking, I stepped in front of Nightmare and blocked the attack for him, with both of my arms out in front of me.

When the Dark pulse cleared from my view, Shokou's facial expression showed shock and surprise.

"What the - ?" She went.

"I know this is only just a pokémon battle, but, I'm switching Nightmare out and having someone else take his place instead." I say as I lowered my arms, while I noticed Nightmare had a surprised look on his face too.

At the same time, I decided that I was gonna give Shokou a test as well. In my version too.

Without saying anything, she nodded in understanding to what I said, before I withdrew him and brought Phobos out to the battle instead.

When I did, Phobos and Shokou suddenly froze and stared at each other.

"Oh my Arceus....." She began while she teared up a little, her voice barely heard in a whisper.

"D-Dad? Is that you?"

"Shokou?"

Silence stretched between them for a few seconds before they started running towards each other, once Phobos turned himself into a young, human grown man that looks to be in his 30's or 40's.

Average height wise too.

"I knew it...Shokou is Phobos' human daughter." I thought as I watched them run and pull each other into a tight hug next.

When they hugged, tears couldn't stop appearing in their eyes and running down to the sides of their faces.

"I can't believe it...It's been by 10 years since I last saw you. And yet, you've grown up so much!" Phobos says as he buried his face into her shoulder.

"Same...And you haven't changed at all. You're still the loving, protective father I know." Shokou replied tearfully as she rested her head on his shoulder, while lightly clutching him by the arm a bit.

For a bit, they remained like this, until they eventually parted the hug.

"Who's the Zoroark with you?" Phobos asked as he looked over at Okami.

"His name's Okami. He's also my boyfriend too..." Shokou answered, as a light blush was seen across her face.

"Oh? I was wondering for a moment, if you had already gotten yourself a mate or not."

"Y-Yeah. We've been taking care of each other since we met and started dating."

"How long have you been dating anyways?"

"5 years, if I remember it right. But, we're planning to get married soon this year."

"He better continue to take good care of you, like how he's been doing, when you both get married, or I'll kick his ass straight into the outer limits of space."

After the conversation started up in a heartbeat and I heard Phobos say that, I started laughing hard a little, knowing what fathers are like.

"I guess the battle's a draw and called off, huh?" I say as I looked at Shokou, once I approached her.

"Yup. Thanks for giving me this unexpected family reunion." She answered before smiling a bit again, as she joked a little.

"You're welcome, even though I didn't plan it to happen like this." I replied.

"Wait...Dad?! You never told me your father's a Zoroark, Shokou!" Adaman says in disbelief.

"I didn't trust anyone in the clan at that time, after what I went through, when you took and accepted me in under your wing." Shokou mentioned.

"Yeah, but still...If I had known, I wouldn't have questioned you about your strange behavior and the things you've done a few times during the night, when you were 15."

In response, Shokou sweat dropped a little after Adaman said that next.

"I didn't tell you because I was also afraid of getting kicked out of the clan or being neglected...

Even though I know that isn't something you'd do, I still didn't want to take that risk, and find out later that the clan members and wardens learned and wanted me thrown out for being the daughter of an alpha Zoroark."

In response, Adaman sighed a little.

"I know I should've mentioned this earlier before, but, you're almost like Arezu. She tried to do things her own way too and kept secrets from me, until the incident with Ursaluna...

After that, she told me more of what happened once Yin calmed Ursaluna and Lady Lilligant down. " He says next.

"But, just know I'll still accept anyone in our clan. Even if they have a similar dark past or is the child of a pokémon, like you."

"Thank you, Adaman. That puts me at ease now, seeing that you're nothing like the villagers that tried to kill me when I was younger." Shokou replies next as she smiled a little.

"You're welcome. Just let me know if you need anything." He went before smiling back.

"Will do."