28| Déjà vu

Nightmare's POV 🌙

As soon as we stepped outside and was a few walks away from Shokou's tent, over to Brava Arena, Yin suddenly then turned around to look at me and clutched me by the sides of my shoulders, startling me a little again by her sudden actions.

"Night...Are you him?" She asked, which started making no sense to me.

"Yin, what are you talking about? Who's 'him'?" I reply before asking her, feeling confused.

"Just tell me! Are you that same spiritual boy and zoroark that I've met before they suddenly disappeared? Before I fell into Hisui region??" She says next, making me feel more confused.

"Spiritual boy and zoroark?" I went, bewildered, still not understanding where she's going at or what she's saying.

After I said that, Yin gave me an unreadable look that was also mixed in with realization, as tears started appearing in her eyes and running down to the sides of her face.

"Yin...I don't understand what you're trying to say. What did you mean by that? The 'spiritual boy and zoroark' part, I mean?" I asked as I gently removed her hands from my shoulders and just held them.

"Back at home, where I was from, my parents and I lived at a shrine for years, since that was where my ancestors were born and had lived at for generations until now.

The original shrine back then wasn't in good shape and was a hazard for anyone to live in it, so, it was torn down and rebuilt the exact same way it looked like before, only newer, a lot more better, and much more safer.

Most of the stuff that wasn't torn down was the toriis and the areas that were mostly very sacred to our ancestors.

Not wanting to get cursed if they were destroyed, they were repaired instead and weren't replaced.

Fast forward to my parents and I, there was always a hidden forest near our home that I would go to a lot when I was bored and wanted to have some time to myself.

And that is also where I met the spiritual boy.

He looked to be about my age and also a pokémon trainer too, despite the fact that he had a zoroark traveling around with him all the time.

Both of his and the zoroark's personalities were just like yours...Kind and gentle. Not much of a fighter either but a good listener." Yin explains after she wiped the tears from her eyes and hugged me.

"After I met him and the zoroark he always walks around with, we hung out with each other a lot and became close friends.

But, one day, he and the zoroark suddenly disappeared without a trace. I didn't know anything about that and assumed he was probably playing hide and seek or at his home, until my parents told me what happens to the spirits when they suddenly disappear without a trace.

And all of that happened on the day before I fell here and met you."

After she was done explaining, I started to feel like that sounded really familiar to me.

Maybe Yin and I have already met each other before without any hint of realization that we'd end up being a couple later on.

Or maybe I was separately both the spiritual boy and the zoroark, at that time.

Either way, I was being hit with déjà vu.

"Do you know the spiritual boy and the zoroark's name?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, I don't know the zoroark's name, but I do know the boy's name..." Yin answered. "The boy's name is Midnight."

"Midnight...." I went, thinking, before sighing a little.

"To be honest, Yin...The name does sound familiar but at the same time, it doesn't. But, I do remember that my father shares the same name as the spiritual boy you were talking about."

Then I gave her a hug after seeing tears appearing in her eyes a little while looking like she's about to fall to her knees overwhelmed by her emotion.

"I don't know what you're wanting or hoping to expect out of me, but, I'll remain by your side as always...Okay?" I say as I sighed a little while kissing her by the forehead and parting away.

In response, Yin nodded, before she sniffed a little and wiped the tears out of her eyes.

"Okay..." She replied before calming herself down. "But...I do have a question though..."

"Yes?"

"Do you think our future will be the same or something similar to Shokou and Okami's?" Yin asked.

Just when she said that, I went quiet as she did too, thinking about how our lives could turn out if we succeed in taming Yin's zoroark half and having it under her full control.

Even when she's transformed.

But, if we don't succeed in taming it, it'll be just like what we were told....

Chaos and Death.

I say death, because I could get killed in Yin's hands if we fail, since Luna told me that I was mostly getting attacked by Yin before the bidoof massacre happened.

And I don't think I'd want that to happen, knowing Yin could commit suicide on herself if she lost me.

I could easily tell how much she loved me.

"Also, sorry if it bothers you when I cry...I tend to be a crybaby a lot sometimes. Even if it's once in a while." Yin mentions, breaking me out of my thoughts for a moment, as I looked at her.

After she said that, I smiled and chuckled a little before kissing her by the forehead again.

"Nah. That doesn't bother me at all when you cry, because it actually makes you look cute." I reply, resulting in Yin blushing a little at that.

"Hey now, don't say that..." She began.

"What? I'm being honest."

"I know, now, shut up."

In response, I only laughed a little before wrapping an arm around Yin and giving her a small noogie.

After we were done visiting Shokou and Okami to see how they and their kids were doing, we returned back to Jubilife Village and proceeded on with the surveys.

As for Yin, even though she likes pokémon, I couldn't stop myself from snickering a little when she would complain about catching the same pokémon and having it use the same move over and over for the survey tasks.

Only in response to my snickering, Yin would gather up a handful amount of snow and make a snowball out of it in her hands before throwing it directly at me, hitting me by the face.