Afuro Terumi x Reader | You're my Pride Pt 2

"Making plays which are both beautiful and deadly, this player is one to watch"

Afuro POV

It's been weeks since the game and I haven't heard from Y/n. I miss her, I miss everything about her, I regret speaking to her like that, I regret allowing my pride to get over me. I miss cuddling with her, I miss her cute smile, I just miss her.

Since that day all I do is improve both physically and emotionally, I want to become a better person and hopefully a better boyfriend for her. I've been watching every Raimon game and honestly, they are a strong team. Y/n has become stronger and stronger and I'm proud of her, I'm proud of my baby.

Y/N POV

Since the game, I've recovered physically and mentally, while at the start some of the team members were kinda distant from me for hiding the fact that me and Afuro were dating, but they are all supportive and helped me get over the pain.

We didn't break up, we're just distant but I feel so much pain, I miss him...yes, I do, but there's nothing I can do.

I was training with the team when the managers called for a break.

"Y/n are you okay girl?" Natsumi asked handing me a bottle.

"Yh am just a little tired" I said with a smile taking the bottle.

"You miss him don't you"

"Yh, kind of" I said looking at the ground

"Don't worry, do you want to take a minute?" she said as I nodded and went for a walk around the field. The wind was blowing through my hair as I took a deep breath.

Time skip

When I came back to the field, I saw everyone speaking to someone, I looked closely to see...Afuro.

"What do you want again?" Someoka asked him

"I wanted to apologise to you guys personally about the game and how I treated you guys...and I was wondering if I could join your team" he said nervously scratching the back of his neck. I avoided him throughout his speech.

"No" "I don't think so.." "Ermm...after that no" "Maybe"

Everyone was sceptical and refused to allow him to join, as they all slowly walked away leaving Endou, Afuro and me.

"Why should we let you in?" Endou asked him, curious of his sudden desire to be in our team.

"After the game, I started admiring you and the team, I wanted to be more like you, so I trained myself without the aqua of Gods to become a better person...like I promised" He said, turning to face me when saying the last bit.

"I'll think about it..." Endou said, as we were about to leave, he grabbed my hand. It was only me and him left.

"Y/n, can we talk please?" He said and I looked at him emotionlessly and slightly nodded.

"How have you been...I miss you" He said

"Good" I said avoiding eye contact as soon as he said he missed me.