Kariya Masaki x Reader | Distant

Hey guys, check the little message at the end of the chapter(if u want to lol). Kariya also named Aitor Cazador. Enjoy!

Y/n POV
And just like that, I stood outside in the cold waiting for someone, not that I was expecting them to show up.

I woke up this morning once again excited about a possible date with my boyfriend, just to be slapped with expectancy. It wasn't something new to me, at least for the past 3 weeks. Kariya was giving me mixed emotions, he would ignore me for days just to ask me out on others and then not show up. I barely see him and when I did he would make everything seem alright.

The sky was painted in a dark grey shade, the wind was blowing through my hair.

"Kariya where are you?" I whispered under my breath, looking at the ground. It had already been 30 min since I stood there and all I could think about was our relationship.

My hands were cold but I still managed to get my phone out of my pocket and check for any new messages. Nothing. I scrolled through the list of names and found the one I was looking for and dialled it.

"Sorry, this number is busy right now, Please try again later"

Nothing was all I received.

THE NEXT DAY

I was walking to school. Usually, I would have been walking with Kariya, probably holding hands or chasing each other over some dumb stuff, but here I was walking on my own. I took a left turn and bumped into someone.

I stumbled back but quickly regained balance, I looked up perplexed seeing Kariya in front of me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he said.

"Umm, nothing," I said about to walk away. It was almost like an instinctive feeling that I wanted to stay away from him, or at least not see him yet.

"Where are you going ?" I felt him grabbing my wrist and pulling me to face him.

"I've got school, I mean we have school"

"I know, let's go" He said and with that, he started walking in front of me.

The whole journey was quiet, we didn't look like a couple, at all. I walked behind him with my head hanging low as I faced the floor.

We got to school and we separated ways not saying anything to each other. On my way to my lesson, my breath ached thinking about the whole situation. It pained me, yet I didn't know how to confront him about it.

AT THE END OF THE DAY
I spotted Kariya walking out of the building and with as much courage as I had, I walked up to him.

"Hey Kariya"

"mhmm" he said giving me an emotionless look.

"Do you want to walk together?"

"Yh, I was about to wait for you anyways" he said.

We walked for a bit and stopped at a park.

"Let's go to the park" I said. He looked at me for a few minutes before nodding.

I got on the swing and pushed my body forward and backwards, I turned around to look for Kariya and he was just staring at me. I was confused and embarrassed a little, so I stopped moving.

I felt him get behind me and started to push the swing. The silence was loud, so I decided to break the ice.

"So, how have you been" I asked hoping he would answer.

"Alright, what about you?" he asked.

"Great" I lied.

He steadily pushed the swing behind me.

"Did you forget about the date ?" I asked him and he didn't reply.

"Kariya?"

"I...forgot, I was busy doing something," He said under his breath.

I remained silent for a bit. Does he still care about me? Did he value me in any way?

"Kariya be honest with me...do you still love me?" I finally asked. I needed to know if he still valued me, I needed to know if waiting and hoping for him was worth it.

"I-"

"Has someone replaced me?" I asked with my back facing him.

"Why are you asking me this?"

"Kariya, you've been so distant from me, it's hurting me so much. I barely hear from you or see you and even when I do, we act like we aren't even a couple. You keep giving me mixed emotions and making me hope, you don't even show up on the dates that YOU set" I said clenching my hand into a fist angrily. "I'm putting all the effort into this, my mind and my heart can't stop loving you and hoping that you will return to the Kariya that I know." I turned around to face him with small tears in my eyes. "I know you're very busy and If you've fallen out of love I understand, I'm sorry for everything, I just need to know if you still love me?" I said smiling a little.

I vigorously turned around and wiped my tears chuckling a little, feeling stupid as he just stood behind me saying nothing, again. As I wiped the tears, more flowed and soon the little laugh, turn into a cry that I couldn't control.

"Let's go now" He said, pulling me up from the swing, and walking in front of me.

I wiped my tears following behind him. I couldn't understand, why wouldn't he answer. Why was he not explaining himself? Was he just keeping me around?

We walked for a few minutes, I didn't know where we were going, I just know it was already dark. He suddenly stopped in front of me.

"I... I'm sorry" he said. I didn't utter a word.

"I won't act like I didn't hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. I think I was growing used to being distant from you, you made me feel very vulnerable and I was afraid. Not knowing that, I was pushing you away, that I was losing you." he turned around and embraced me firmly "I was a complete idiot, the answer is yes, I still love you so much and hearing you cry deeply awoken me, you are my weakness and I love this weakness of mine".

I smiled in the embrace and melted in the hug. He pulled away and gently kissed my cheek, I could see him blushing hard.

"Are you blushing?" I said with a soft smile.

"No" he said looking away, taking my hand in his as we walked down the streets home.

Extra:

"I still haven't forgiven you for yesterday, you know how cold it was???"

"Ahh, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you." he said smirking.

"Are you going to show up?" I said.

"Yes, for sure"

"Promise?"

"Promise" he said kissing my forehead.

End

A/n: Lol, hiiii, it's been so long since I updated, but no worries it's here. I'll try to update more but don't expect anything. If you're a new reader, thanks for reading my book. Hope you enjoy it and see you in the next chapter ( if I update lol)