#3

3 MONTHS AGO:

Early morning, Darsh arrived in his car at a roadside of a highway. A number of cops and forensic team were gathered at a crime scene. Darsh went to the scene where Inspector Ghosh and Inspector Yuvraj directed him to the corpse. Inspector Yuvraj had a bandage wrapped on his nose due to a prior injury.

A forensic member stepped back from the corpse to let allow Darsh to see it. Darsh got devastated to see the corpse of his wife Naina. Inspector Yuvraj held his shoulders to calm him. Darsh held her hands for a while. Naina's middle finger had a mark of her wedding ring.

It started to drizzle when Darsh was sitting in his old house (a small duplex with a basement from outside). His eyes had got red due to the tears and he was moving his jaw lines in anger. His door bell rang. He opened the door and it was Inspector Ghosh there.

" May I? " Ghosh asked.

" Please. "

He allowed him in. Ghosh came inside and had a look at the walls.

" You've got a decently built house. " Ghosh told him.

Darsh brought him a chair.

" It's my father's. "

Ghosh sat on the chair. Darsh sat adjacent to him by the table.

Ghosh asked, " Are you okay Mr. Agarwal? "

Darsh sighed and took a deep breath. He nodded his head.

" Yes. I... I am good. "

" Look, Mr. Agarwal. This is not the first time I am seeing someone who has lost his closed ones. You don't have to hide your feelings. "

Darsh was about to get tears in his eyes but he stood from the chair. He went to washroom and washed his face. He came back to Ghosh who poured him a glass of water. Darsh drank the water and sat back on the chair.

Ghosh told him, " Mr. Agarwal, we have found two bullet shots from the body. Was she involved in something shady? "

" She didn't tell me anything about it. She was just an accountant. "

" Where were you last night? "

" I was here in the house. "

" And your daughter? "

" She was here too. "

" Where was Mrs. Agarwal going last night? "

" She had told me that there was a marriage anniversary function of her manager. "

" Why you both didn't go there with her? "

" She had told me that it was only for the staff. "

" Was she having an extramarital affair with her colleague. I am just asking Mr. Agarwal. "

Darsh breath deeply.

" As far as I know, she used to talk a very little with her colleagues. "

Ghosh took out his pen and a notepad in which he wrote his phone number. He tore the paper and kept it on the table.

" This is my phone number. You can contact if anything comes to your knowledge. "

Darsh nodded his head

" I would. "

Inspector Ghosh left the house. As Darsh shut the door he looked at his finger and reminded about the missing ring from Naina's finger.

PRESENT DAY:

An annual charity event held at an open park. The event was organised by ' CHILDREN HEALTH FOUNDATION '. A number of people were invited in the event including Dheeraj Joshi and his family which had his wife Ashna and his twenty two year old daughter Akansha Joshi.