#15

ON THE DAY OF SHRUTI'S STAGE PERFORMANCE:

When everyone clapped for her after the performance, Neel Oberoi entered the theatre and looked at Shruti. She bowed down to thank the audience. When she got back to her position, she spotted Mr. Oberoi at the door and went scared. She went backstage soon after the event.

Mr. Oberoi managed to follow her among to the crowd to the backstage where he spotted Inspector Ghosh who was having a conversation with Shruti and he had also shown him the divorce papers of Mr. Joshi.

PRESENT DAY:

Inspector Ghosh drove his car to a telecom office building. He stopped the car and dialled a number.

He said, " I have arrived to the office. "

A few moments later, a telecom staff walked out of cabin with a bunch of papers in his hand. Ghosh slided down his window to see the staff who nodded after seeing him.

Ghosh unlocked the door. The staff entered inside and sat on the passenger seat. He gave him the papers.

He said, " Call details of Mr. Dheeraj Joshi for the last three months have been mentioned on the papers. "

He showed him some numbers which he had encircled.

" These are the numbers which were repeatedly dialled by him. "

" Did you find the contact name? "

" Swati Bansal is the name of the contact with whom he was in contact for more than six months. "

" Can I get the call recordings of their conversation? "

" It would be a risk for my job but I can manage by the evening. "

Ghosh nodded his head and smiled.

" Thank you for the favour. "

" You can call me again in case. "

" Sure. "

The receptionist of Mr. Oberoi's office received a call on the landline. She picked up the call.

She answered, " Hello! "

After listening to the caller she hung up the phone. Shruti entered the office and signed on a register on the reception to mark her attendance.

The receptionist said, " Mr. Oberoi is calling you in his cabin. "

Shruti nodded her head and left the reception. She went upstairs to Mr. Oberoi's cabin. She knocked the door twice. She opened the door and went inside. Mr. Oberoi was having tea while standing towards the window by the table.

She said, " Morning Sir! "

Neel Oberoi turned to her.

He exclaimed, " Morning dear. "

" I have brought the papers sir. "

" Has everyone of them signed the column? "

" Yes sir. "

She took out a bunch of papers of her bag. Oberoi kept his tea on the table and took the papers. He turned over each paper in the bunch to examine the signatures. He nodded his head.

He sighed, " Good. We are done now. "

He kept the papers at the corner of the table under a paperweight.

She asked, " Shall I go sir? "

" Have a seat now. "

She knitted her brows as she was a bit bewildered. She sat on the seat before the table. Mr. Oberoi went behind the desk and sat on the chair in front of her.